Ladder Q

DamianD

What's your .02 on the werner 3 section extension ladders??  A buddy and myself are looking to go halves on a 24 ft ladder to be able to clean out the gutters when need be. When we came across this 3 piece design. Itd be wayy easier to store and transport but our concerns are in its design strength and durability.  Anyone have experience with one of these?

Also, would a 24 foot be enough to get us up on the roof if need be??  We both have your typical 2 story colonial style houses.

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Werner-24-ft-Aluminum-3-Section-Compact-Extension-Ladder-with-225-lb-Load-Capacity-Type-II-Duty-Rating-D1224-3/203274668

I'm with petros on going a bit bigger. But this all depends on the height of your gutters. If you have a ranch you should be fine. Some factors come into play....will the 24' get you to all gutters around the house? Is there a walkout basement?(this will make that section of the house roughly the same height as a two story). Dormers with gutters?

Just take a walk around the house and look for the highest point you need to reach.

If that ladder is anything like the Werner ladders I have and have used I wouldn't be worried about the design or quality. Like the guys have already said it sounds like you may need something a bit longer, other than that I wouldn't hesitate going after it, unless of course you weigh about 550, then probably not[emoji6] . Keep us posted on what you end up going with.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...