Battery charging station

RickyMcGrath

Wish DeWALT would come out with a 6-bay charger, much like team red has. Or a Toughsystem charger that has like 6 or 8 bays behind a lid so you can use it in the rain, but still have leds on the front/top so you can see the charging status.

Tough system charger would be pretty sweet and have it set up for AC or DC.

Jimbo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I charge from 1.3 upto 5ah on my little chargers , yes takes a little bit longer but that's better for the batteries , I have enough batteries not to be worried , it's the reason makita owners batteries fail so much charging them in 20mins or what ever it dose it in just nackers them

How much charge you let in, storage temp and charge you store they on is what mainly determines how many cycles you get.

And by alterning theese it could be from a couple of thousands, to just a few hundred . To counter this, the makita charger has active cooling on the batteries, like most other quick chargers, and can therefore charge much faster than a passively cooled one without heating up.

Also, other protection mechanisms operate to keep the batteries condition best possible (too low and to high temp etc...) And you see quick charging like that in a lot of products. From the high end Teslas to the smaller and cheaper products.

Also, chargers that charge slow can and wiøl usually be a lot cheaper to make. And 45 mins on a 5Ah battery is not THAT quick in today's market. ;)

Li-ion is much better than older battery techs on that point (and most other too).

I'm not fussed by the speed of the charger as I have more than enough batteries to cover the charge time , I would rather the charger look after the battery than do it quick , my batteries are numbered so I use them in order or if using a few tools , use batteries 1234 on rotation till there dead then 5678 etc

You need ear defenders round the Makita batteries for the amount of noise they make :)

I'm not fussed by the speed of the charger as I have more than enough batteries to cover the charge time , I would rather the charger look after the battery than do it quick , my batteries are numbered so I use them in order or if using a few tools , use batteries 1234 on rotation till there dead then 5678 etc

You need ear defenders round the Makita batteries for the amount of noise they make :)

That's funny about the Makita charger noise, the first time I heard one I was like is this thing going to launch into outer space..lol 

What I would love to see is a multi battery charger but they really need to surpass the competition. How about a multi battery simultaneous charger with some sort of inverter capabilities? Now THAT would be awesome!

You can sure dream Penny Ricky :)