What tools did you buy today?

JimboS1ice

Found a Rockwell Jawhorse Sheetmaster for $127. Got it on eBay directly from Rockwell. Listed at $159 with an additional 20% off at checkout. Been wanting one ever since I got to play with Dan's, but never seen the Sheetmaster that cheap.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/201331872767

• Like 4

On 12/27/2016 at 8:59 PM, dwasifar said:

Here is the current stable of tapes:

IMG_20161227_203935.jpg

The one beside it was intended to replace it a few years ago, but the lever is just too darn sensitive; you can't handle it at all without the tape starting to retract, unless you pick it up by just holding the sides, and who holds a tape that way?  I might ask Stanley if they want to replace it.  And of course the others are the new ones.

Important news bulletin: Stanley has agreed to warranty that top right LeverLock with the touchy lever.  That's really nice of them, don't you think?  Hooray for Stanley!  

We now return you to your regularly scheduled forum thread already in progress.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, dwasifar said:

Important news bulletin: Stanley has agreed to warranty that top right LeverLock with the touchy lever.  That's really nice of them, don't you think?  Hooray for Stanley!  

We now return you to your regularly scheduled forum thread already in progress.

While I've never dealt with Stanley concerning the Stanley brand, I have dealt with them concerning the Proto, Blackhawk, and Dewalt brands. I've always gotten good service out of them, though they do much better with phone calls than they do emails.

I have $75 left in my tool budget after the Jawhorse, the digital angle meter, and the Proto testers. While I'm a little sad because I had so much fun tool shopping over the last few weeks, I also feel I did well for what I spent, so I can't complain.

Speaking of the digital angle meter.....

I used it this evening to dial my 780 in. It wasn't too far off to start with (less than a degree), but now I'm down to within .25 degrees at all angles. That's pretty damn tight and certainly an acceptable margin or error for my needs. 

The scale must be a smidge off because, for example, if I set the stop exactly at 33.9, it threw my 22.5 off a hair, and so on. I got them to all line up to within .25, and I'm satisfied with that. I'm willing to bet 90% of the miter saws in America aren't dialed in that tight.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Conductor562 said:

Found a Rockwell Jawhorse Sheetmaster for $127. Got it on eBay directly from Rockwell. Listed at $159 with an additional 20% off at checkout. Been wanting one ever since I got to play with Dan's, but never seen the Sheetmaster that cheap.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/201331872767

I rarely use m sheetmaster jaw on my jawhorse but when I do I'm damn glad I have it because nothing else would work. The Jawhorse is one of my most used tools, I use it for everything.

8 minutes ago, BMack37 said:

I rarely use m sheetmaster jaw on my jawhorse but when I do I'm damn glad I have it because nothing else would work. The Jawhorse is one of my most used tools, I use it for everything.

When I went to Dan's I got to playing with his and thought it was pretty cool. Then a guy I was doing some remodeling with had one and I got to use it pretty extensively. I knew then I had to have one.

I don't think I'll use it much for full sheets, but I did want the functionality. That's kinda what kept me from buying one. The regular version at $100 or so was no big deal, but I knew I'd regret not getting the sheetmaster version and for some reason the $200+ price always turned me off. 

I didn't figure I was gonna find it any cheaper than $127, so I went for it. I was toying with ordering the welding attachment too, but it's nowhere to be found and I'm not sure I'd care much for it anyway.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Conductor562 said:

When I went to Dan's I got to playing with his and thought it was pretty cool. Then a guy I was doing some remodeling with had one and I got to use it pretty extensively. I knew then I had to have one.

I don't think I'll use it much for full sheets, but I did want the functionality. That's kinda what kept me from buying one. The regular version at $100 or so was no big deal, but I knew I'd regret not getting the sheetmaster version and for some reason the $200+ price always turned me off. 

I didn't figure I was gonna find it any cheaper than $127, so I went for it. I was toying with ordering the welding attachment too, but it's nowhere to be found and I'm not sure I'd care much for it anyway.

I agree about the cost of the sheetmaster, I lucked out and found one of the regular jawhorses (damaged box but still had the protective wrapping on the feet and whatnot) with the sheetmaster kit at a pawn shop and knocked him down to $50! That's the only time I've seen the sheetmaster under $150. Comp got a great deal on one from Canada HD I think.

57 minutes ago, SetBuilder said:

I have a 1st gen 1/4 impact and a Fuel one key 1/4 in impact so I plan on doing a video comparison with the surge. It won't happen till next week, when I go back to work though.

I really like the Ridgid boxes, the one on wheels will be my next purchase.

IMG_4985.JPG

IMG_4986.JPG

Love my Surge. Despite how much I like the functionality of my OneKey, the surge has become my favorite impact. 

Also really like the Ridgid boxes

• Like 2

Was in a pinch and absolutely had to have an impact driver to throw a self tapper into a freeze plug that was getting replaced with a block heater. The Bosch 12v brushed combo kit was the only thing I could afford after my recent proto and wiha splurge. Awesome little kit.

IMG_20161230_102121.jpg

IMG_20161230_132016_979.jpg

• Like 7

I buy the double ended Makita Gold exclusively anymore. Best impact bits I have ever had the pleasure of using 

The first pack of makita golds I bought weren't worth shit. Not sure what went wrong with that batch, but the set I bought a couple of weeks ago have been kicking ass!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

3 minutes ago, NicolasRamos said:

The first pack of makita golds I bought weren't worth shit. Not sure what went wrong with that batch, but the set I bought a couple of weeks ago have been kicking ass!

Ive had great luck with them. They're all I buy now. Hope this batch works out better for you.

• Like 1

I've heard both good and bad things about them but figured at $6 it was worth it to have some bits in the case until I figure out if it's going in my bag with my M12 drivers and bit kits or in a different bag.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

I love the sheet master even if you don't use the full capacity it has a higher weight rating and better stability with all three legs having feet, such a great stand

• Like 1

5ebf6fcd346f57957b5fa499ab8d810a.jpg

So amazon had a deal of the day on the metric set of these gedore wrenches for only 60 bucks, sad the SAE weren't in sale but the hunt is on! I'm impressed by the quality seals on the box

470c995803bc95936feda9a59478e0db.jpg

And I gotta say I can't believe how light these wrenches are and I'm a huge fan of the finish!

1d7430e77fa45826d8726c99c5e5b7c1.jpg

Also, thank you @john_glasseyi for forfeiting his Instagram win from ridgid over to me, this sweet label light will be perfect for filming!
73d5b2a767afcc52947190b0dcfb9757.jpg

• Like 4