What tools did you buy today?

JimboS1ice

1 hour ago, BMack37 said:

I've been wanting to do more woodworking lately and the Rotozip leaves a lot to be desired. I also have had a terrible weekend and needed a distraction so I went to a couple pawn shops.

Found myself an old Craftsman commercial router for $12:

0m2kp9q.jpg

gp0OTeD.jpg

Turned the corner and found a Craftsman router table and B&D router $45:

IzDEQcO.jpg

C5uTj4A.jpg

Man, that router is an oldie! Craftsman used the crown logo from 1960-73, but that Sears logo didn't pop up until 1966 (changed again in 1984), so that thing would fall between 1966 and 1973. Someone with a better knowledge of Craftsman could probably find some details to narrow it down further, but in any event, it's at least 44 years old. 

I used one one identical to that one to build some vanity doors about a month ago. Brushes were shot, bearing worn out, but somehow it still ran smooth.

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, Conductor562 said:

Man, that router is an oldie! Craftsman used the crown logo from 1960-73, but that Sears logo didn't pop up until 1966 (changed again in 1984), so that thing would fall between 1966 and 1973. Someone with a better knowledge of Craftsman could probably find some details to narrow it down further, but in any event, it's at least 44 years old. 

I used one one identical to that one to build some vanity doors about a month ago. Brushes were shot, bearing worn out, but somehow it still ran smooth.

I was close, I guessed 60s to 70s, I knew it was certainly older than me. I'd guess the B&D router was late 70s, again older than me...both work well as expected. The table looks newer than both, it has glass impregnated nylon and ABS so I think it's 90s, maybe.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, BMack37 said:

I've been wanting to do more woodworking lately and the Rotozip leaves a lot to be desired. I also have had a terrible weekend and needed a distraction so I went to a couple pawn shops.

Found myself an old Craftsman commercial router for $12:

0m2kp9q.jpg

Turned the corner and found a Craftsman router table and B&D router $45:

IzDEQcO.jpg

Nice score.  I have that same router table and it's been pretty good, once you go through the fiddly steps of getting the router attached.  I might have some extra router mounting pieces for that table that I don't use.  If you need anything like that hit me up in a PM and I'll see if I can dig it up.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, BMack37 said:

I was close, I guessed 60s to 70s, I knew it was certainly older than me. I'd guess the B&D router was late 70s, again older than me...both work well as expected. The table looks newer than both, it has glass impregnated nylon and ABS so I think it's 90s, maybe.

Yes.  I got mine around 1997, if memory serves.  

And none of that stuff is older than me. ;)

• Like 1

8 hours ago, BMack37 said:

B&D used that logo from the early 60's up until the early 80's, but I too get a mid/late 70's vibe from it.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, wildroamer said:

IMG_20170103_112236844.jpg

You just cant beat this sucker for bucking up logs!

GET it?!?! 

Cant beat it!

It's a CANT hook!

Bwa-hahahahahah! 

We have one just like it at home and it has worked great. You really can't beat it

• Like 1

10 hours ago, dwasifar said:

Nice score.  I have that same router table and it's been pretty good, once you go through the fiddly steps of getting the router attached.  I might have some extra router mounting pieces for that table that I don't use.  If you need anything like that hit me up in a PM and I'll see if I can dig it up.

Thanks! I think I have all the pieces I need, it was ready to go when I got it. I pulled it apart to clean and lube the router, nothing that I noticed was missing anyway. The only thing that it's missing is a spindle lock button, it's a pain to change router bits...so I put the round over bit in there and probably won't be changing it.

It's a really nice table, definitely feels more sturdy than the other tables I was looking at.

I got a bunch of new hand tools in today.

Mayhew PMG03 magnetic pickup tool. It can lift 3lbs which is more than I will ever need it for.

MayhewPMG03.png

TEKZ 42PC Screwdriver set. Not the greatest set in the world but cheap.

TEKZ42PC.png

Titan Extra Large key sets. SAE & Metric Hex and Tamper Resistant Torx.

TitanKeys.png

Gearwrench 81020 43 Pc. 1/4" Drive Multi-Function Ratchet Set

GW81020.png

Gearwrench 81004 4 Piece 1/4-Inch Drive Wobble Extension Set

GW81004.png

Gearwrench 82118 3 Pc. Push Button Tongue and Groove Plier Set

GW82118.png

VIM RLR4R 1/4" Square Drive Roto-Lock Ratchet. It converts from a straight handle to t-handle.

VIMRLR4R.png

VIM PWR1 1/4" Square Drive Palm Wobble Ratchet

VIMPWR1.png

VIM NSM100XL 6" Extra Long Metric Nut Setter Set. I need to pickup the SAE set.

VIMNSM100XL.png

VIM HBR4 Close Quarters 1/4" Hex Bit Ratchet with Handle

VIMHBR4.png

VIM HBR12 1/4 Drive Ratcheting Bit Ratchet, 12-Inch. This one is a little nicer than the Gearwrench that came in the set above. One end of this is a flex head the other end is not. The Gearwrench has a flex head on both ends.

vVIMHBR12.png

VIM FR100 5 Piece Finger Ratchet Set

VIMFR100.png

and the best thing. a Milwaukee AX with Carbide Teeth and a t-shirt that I won from Coptool on Instagram. Unfortunately they just sent whatever size shirt they had and it's too small for me so my mom is getting it.

MLWAXShirt.png

• Like 8

49 minutes ago, justinkendall said:

Mayhew PMG03 magnetic pickup tool. It can lift 3lbs which is more than I will ever need it for.

MayhewPMG03.png

TEKZ42PC.png

Titan Extra Large key sets. SAE & Metric Hex and Tamper Resistant Torx.

TitanKeys.png

Gearwrench 81020 43 Pc. 1/4" Drive Multi-Function Ratchet Set

GW81020.png

Gearwrench 81004 4 Piece 1/4-Inch Drive Wobble Extension Set

GW81004.png

Gearwrench 82118 3 Pc. Push Button Tongue and Groove Plier Set

GW82118.png

VIM RLR4R 1/4" Square Drive Roto-Lock Ratchet. It converts from a straight handle to t-handle.

VIMRLR4R.png

VIM PWR1 1/4" Square Drive Palm Wobble Ratchet

VIMPWR1.png

VIM NSM100XL 6" Extra Long Metric Nut Setter Set. I need to pickup the SAE set.

VIMNSM100XL.png

VIM HBR4 Close Quarters 1/4" Hex Bit Ratchet with Handle

VIMHBR4.png

VIM HBR12 1/4 Drive Ratcheting Bit Ratchet, 12-Inch. This one is a little nicer than the Gearwrench that came in the set above. One end of this is a flex head the other end is not. The Gearwrench has a flex head on both ends.

vVIMHBR12.png

VIM FR100 5 Piece Finger Ratchet Set

VIMFR100.png

and the best thing. a Milwaukee AX with Carbide Teeth and a t-shirt that I won from Coptool on Instagram. Unfortunately they just sent whatever size shirt they had and it's too small for me so my mom is getting it.

MLWAXShirt.png

Wow nice haul there dude!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, justinkendall said:

TEKZ42PC.png

That's actually a pretty nice set. The picks and magnetic bowl are extremely useful. The 1/4" driver and sockets will be helpful in a pinch too...you aren't going to break one of those sockets with a driver like that so it doesn't matter if the sockets are cheap.

It's always nice to have a cheap screwdriver set, I have a Wera screwdriver holder set up on my bench. It does have one Klein PH2 and a Gearwrench long PH2 on it but it mostly holds HF screwdrivers...when someone asks to borrow a screwdriver that's where it comes from. It's easy to see if one is missing and within reach. The screwdrivers I mainly use are in my locked toolbox or my tool bag that leaves with me everyday. The cheap ones are good to use on site or in a dirty application or having to use one as a pry bar.

Some interesting tools in there, nice buys man

• Like 1

Received my power in motion battery packs for my 2015 m12 hoodie. The reduced size and weight are unreal. I actually want to wear this thing more! Also it's nice not to have people think you stole something! 7cff8fe1a498ce89259349b30a41ff15.jpg

Also ordered some 6" NWS built Irwin's for $18 5dee696fca7557a9c61a5c9b5056737a.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 3

Received my power in motion battery packs for my 2015 m12 hoodie. The reduced size and weight are unreal. I actually want to wear this thing more! Also it's nice not to have people think you stole something! 7cff8fe1a498ce89259349b30a41ff15.jpg

Also ordered some 6" NWS built Irwin's for $18 5dee696fca7557a9c61a5c9b5056737a.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Good deal on the nws, Irwin switched their grips so a blind eye won't know the difference

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

I didn't buy this my lil cousin did but he dropped it for me to play with ? He bought it off OfferUp for $120 which I think is a good price, u can see in the pick that this is not the case for it and it's missing the side handle but no biggie I'm sure I have an extra for him 

image.jpg

• Like 4

Well, I am officially set for new tape measures now:

IMG_20170104_160143.jpg

As you can see, I like auto-locking tapes.  The 16' and 12' LeverLock were on sale for $4.99 for the pair at Menards.  The yellow 25' LeverLock was a warranty replacement from Stanley and the red was an impulse purchase from Amazon for $6.92.

The red 25' is a fractional scale and magnetic; the yellow is a center-read scale and not magnetic:

IMG_20170104_160543.jpg

I figure I only need one magnetic tape.  I got them in different colors to easily tell the difference.

While I was puttering around Amazon looking at tapes, I saw these 12' Uline ones for a bargain price and had to snap them up:

IMG_20170104_161637.jpg

They appear to be private-branded Komelon Speed Lock tapes, with fractional scale:

Screenshot at 2017-01-04 16-19-24.png

I paid $5 for those.  Not $5 per tape; $5 for the whole box, shipped free as a Prime add-on item.  And they're pretty nice tapes.  My wife works at Lowe's and carries a tape with her all the time, but the store doesn't give them good ones. I'm going to let her give a few of these out to her work friends.  She'll be the popular girl that day.

• Like 3

I bought a 6" caliper from hf yesterday. Surprised with the quality.  The 150 dollar one that was certified is no more accurate then it. Quite similar actually. We'll see how it holds up though. Also bought a dead blow hammer 4lb from hf. Supposedly its supposed to be a good one so once again, we'll see lol. 

• Like 2

Rural King came through again. I don't know why they had so much Milwaukee stuff marked down so low but I'll gladly buy it if they keep selling it.

image.jpeg

Was that really less then $24 or am I seeing things

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

27 minutes ago, dwasifar said:

Well, I am officially set for new tape measures now:

IMG_20170104_160143.jpg

As you can see, I like auto-locking tapes.  The 16' and 12' LeverLock were on sale for $4.99 for the pair at Menards.  The yellow 25' LeverLock was a warranty replacement from Stanley and the red was an impulse purchase from Amazon for $6.92.

The red 25' is a fractional scale and magnetic; the yellow is a center-read scale and not magnetic:

IMG_20170104_160543.jpg

I figure I only need one magnetic tape.  I got them in different colors to easily tell the difference.

While I was puttering around Amazon looking at tapes, I saw these 12' Uline ones for a bargain price and had to snap them up:

IMG_20170104_161637.jpg

They appear to be private-branded Komelon Speed Lock tapes, with fractional scale:

Screenshot at 2017-01-04 16-19-24.png

I paid $5 for those.  Not $5 per tape; $5 for the whole box, shipped free as a Prime add-on item.  And they're pretty nice tapes.  My wife works at Lowe's and carries a tape with her all the time, but the store doesn't give them good ones. I'm going to let her give a few of these out to her work friends.  She'll be the popular girl that day.

Crap, I just made an Amazon purchase and a box of tape measures would have been a fine add on item. Next time I need to buy something I'm going to wait an extra day and make sure nothing pops up that I should add.