What tools did you buy today?

JimboS1ice

There are a few decent Metabolism, Delta and sunex ones on clearance at CPO. I'm thinking about picking one up myself and fabricobbleing some lockable covers for the wheels so it can't be used. If IG taught me anything, it's that now that I have access to a tig machine, I have to be a dick about not letting people use my tungsten grinder.

I want to triple like that. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, KnarlyCarl said:

Nice, i should really buy  myself a bench grinder, thanks for reminding me...

Lowe's with the "moving coupon" made it $66.64, variable speed and light (plus a gift card) made it a pretty easy choice. No more clamping my rotary tool and trying to no grind off the tip of my finger!

• Like 1

Well I didn't buy it, but I did pull it out of the trash. This old Husky box still has some life left after I fixed the slides and bent the top back into position. I am thrilled and my wife couldn't believe I fixed it099632fab78ed7cdfbbf8bf6321e819c.jpg

• Like 9

Well I didn't buy it, but I did pull it out of the trash. This old Husky box still has some life left after I fixed the slides and bent the top back into position. I am thrilled and my wife couldn't believe I fixed it099632fab78ed7cdfbbf8bf6321e819c.jpg

• Like 1

9 hours ago, BMack37 said:

Cashed in a giftcard:

o0fhQ9C.jpg

I have an 8" Delta variable that I bought around 10 years ago, from Lowe's I believe, always works like a champ. Yours looks like it has better lock-down knobs, I swapped most of mine for better ones almost as soon as I bought it.

Bench Grinder.jpg

• Like 7

Ended up returning the Ridgid Oscillating Edge/Belt Spindle Sander that I was given for Christmas. While I do really want one eventually, I decided to grab a toy that would get more use right now. 

IMG_6354.JPGIMG_6355.JPGIMG_6356.jpgIMG_6357.jpg

Finally got tired of waiting for DeWalt's new brad nailer and pulled the trigger on a Senco. If I end up not liking it, I'll probably just try to return/sell it and wait for the DeWalt again. I'm HOPING that's not the case. The bag that this thing came with is pretty sweet. Usually I prefer the hard cases because my bags tend to get messy and full of a bunch of junk, but this one has little sections on the inside (outside as well) to hold the charger and battery, and it has plenty of room for nails and what not. Excited to put it through the paces!

• Like 9

7 hours ago, tcoscarelli said:

Give that sorry-looking old soldier a coat of paint. :) 

• Like 3

ordered a few things from a couple places one order came in ....I like that Kreg stepped up and started putting their screws in see thru clear containers now instead of a white cardboard box

20170106_160120.jpg

• Like 8

10 hours ago, tcoscarelli said:

that box looks like it has been in your shop for years, 

that box looks like it has been in your shop for years, 

It definitely feels like it has. I really like the size. I like that it has more of the thinner drawers the deep. I have a 26" craftsmen with like 4 deep drawers and I'm not super fond of it.