What tools did you buy today?

JimboS1ice

1 hour ago, JimboS1ice said:

12b6f835b4ced1c738478cdf0953f498.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nice set of screwdrivers. or atleast from first glance and not zooming into the picture that is what they seem like. 1 person at my shop uses a set of wera for fine hand tightening. 

just out of curiousity, does wera make bolstered screwdrivers so you can beat em with a hammer?

nice set of screwdrivers. or atleast from first glance and not zooming into the picture that is what they seem like. 1 person at my shop uses a set of wera for fine hand tightening. 

just out of curiousity, does wera make bolstered screwdrivers so you can beat em with a hammer?

Yup they are the yellow handled demo drivers, no laser etching but they got a steel cap, you can get the green hex bolstered as well but I don't think are as strong

• Like 2

12b6f835b4ced1c738478cdf0953f498.jpg

I love those drivers! The quality of the packaging blew me away! Thanks for the sweet deal posts Jim! I wanted to buy that ratchet set as well, but besides the tools in picture, I had to make some household purchases as well. Next time. [emoji6]8b09203df9549b515f5fcbd7a1ea0bd0.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • Like 5

1 minute ago, NicolasRamos said:

I love those drivers! The quality of the packaging blew me away! Thanks for the sweet deal posts Jim! I wanted to buy that ratchet set as well, but besides the tools in picture, I had to make some household purchases as well. Next time. emoji6.png8b09203df9549b515f5fcbd7a1ea0bd0.jpg

They take great pride in the quality of their tools and they don't slump in packaging, its quality from the box all the way to the tool

• Like 3

They take great pride in the quality of their tools and they don't slump in packaging, its quality from the box all the way to the tool

I'll definitely be building my Wera collection. I need to get a tool roll to keep them in. I don't trust mounting the holder in the van lol! Sunlight, and sneaky hands!

• Like 2

I'll definitely be building my Wera collection. I need to get a tool roll to keep them in. I don't trust mounting the holder in the van lol! Sunlight, and sneaky hands!

Good stuff! Got any questions let me know, or BMack37 or best bet Ryan from@KC_Tool

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, NicolasRamos said:

don't knock the rack.. I bolted mine into the side of my husky box that I keep in the bed of my pickup. box slides around and gets taken out when needed. I have yet to have a screwdriver come out.

• Like 1

don't knock the rack.. I bolted mine into the side of my husky box that I keep in the bed of my pickup. box slides around and gets taken out when needed. I have yet to have a screwdriver come out.

I'm not concerned with them falling out. I'm afraid of them "walking" off!!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, NicolasRamos said:

I'm not concerned with them falling out. I'm afraid of them "walking" off!!

if someone wants into the vehicle they will get in. im sure there are more valuable things in the truck that will be seen. screwdrivers to most people are nothing a cheap things.

• Like 1

if someone wants into the vehicle they will get in. im sure there are more valuable things in the truck that will be seen. screwdrivers to most people are nothing a cheap things.

Lol! I failed to imply that I'm more concerned with my coworkers borrowing them, and not returning till I asked if they knew where they were! I'm sure between the power tools, and the yeti cooler, they would over look a tool roll or rack with a few red screwdrivers.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, JimboS1ice said:

Yup they are the yellow handled demo drivers, no laser etching but they got a steel cap, you can get the green hex bolstered as well but I don't think are as strong

Yeah the green hex bolster set does not have a striking cap. The yellows are still nice even without the laser tip.

CC: @x1xkodiakx1x

• Like 1

18 hours ago, stevep2204 said:

Ended up returning the Ridgid Oscillating Edge/Belt Spindle Sander that I was given for Christmas. While I do really want one eventually, I decided to grab a toy that would get more use right now. 

IMG_6354.JPGIMG_6355.JPGIMG_6356.jpgIMG_6357.jpg

Finally got tired of waiting for DeWalt's new brad nailer and pulled the trigger on a Senco. If I end up not liking it, I'll probably just try to return/sell it and wait for the DeWalt again. I'm HOPING that's not the case. The bag that this thing came with is pretty sweet. Usually I prefer the hard cases because my bags tend to get messy and full of a bunch of junk, but this one has little sections on the inside (outside as well) to hold the charger and battery, and it has plenty of room for nails and what not. Excited to put it through the paces!

That's cool, you hardly ever hear of the fusion nailer when cordless nailers are brought up, heard they could be troublesome from some, but talked to a contractor who liked his, so it might be user error

10 hours ago, NicolasRamos said:

I love those drivers! The quality of the packaging blew me away! Thanks for the sweet deal posts Jim! I wanted to buy that ratchet set as well, but besides the tools in picture, I had to make some household purchases as well. Next time. emoji6.png8b09203df9549b515f5fcbd7a1ea0bd0.jpg

Awesome, I really want to get some slim packs myself because I love the Surge driver and the regular packs on the impact make it on the heavy side when I carry it in my belt

• Like 1

Awesome, I really want to get some slim packs myself because I love the Surge driver and the regular packs on the impact make it on the heavy side when I carry it in my belt

Yeah almost the same reason I got them, just for the one-key impact, since I don't have the surge... yet...[emoji102]. $40 a pop on Amazon

• Like 1

3 hours ago, NicolasRamos said:

Yeah almost the same reason I got them, just for the one-key impact, since I don't have the surge... yet...emoji102.png. $40 a pop on Amazon

eBay has a 10 pack of slim 2.0's for $142 currently without shipping that ends today. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Lot-of-10-Milwaukee-48-11-1820-18v-2-0-Ah-Battery-Packs-/391667191342?hash=item5b312f0e2e:g:rEIAAOSw44BYarCR

Screen Shot 2017-01-07 at 11.47.38 AM.png

2 minutes ago, jtkendall said:

that would be an excellent deal!

5 hours ago, KnarlyCarl said:

That's cool, you hardly ever hear of the fusion nailer when cordless nailers are brought up, heard they could be troublesome from some, but talked to a contractor who liked his, so it might be user error

Yeah, I've heard about people having some issues as well. While researching them, it seemed like most of the issues were battery-related when they first came out. If I'm not mistaken, they've updated the batteries since then, so it shouldn't be an issue anymore... Also, I want to say that everyone I saw complaining was doing so about the 15/16ga finish nailers. I can't recall ever seeing someone upset with their 18ga brad nailer, so that kind of stood out to me as well. Either way, I figured it was at least worth a try. Worst case scenario, it goes back and I keep waiting on the yellow team.  

Yeah, I've heard about people having some issues as well. While researching them, it seemed like most of the issues were battery-related when they first came out. If I'm not mistaken, they've updated the batteries since then, so it shouldn't be an issue anymore... Also, I want to say that everyone I saw complaining was doing so about the 15/16ga finish nailers. I can't recall ever seeing someone upset with their 18ga brad nailer, so that kind of stood out to me as well. Either way, I figured it was at least worth a try. Worst case scenario, it goes back and I keep waiting on the yellow team.  

The DeWalt 20v 18ga brad is due out this quarter, quarter 1 2017. It could end up pushed back to quarter 2, who knows. But it will be out the first half of this year.

Hanging out with you guys is bad for my wallet.

Here's today:

IMG_20170107_143123.jpg

KnarlyCarl bought the TurboShear at Menards and I immediately said to myself "How have I lived without this device?"  So I also bought one at Menards' bag sale.  

While there I picked up a Channellock 8" adjustable wrench purely because BMack37 recommended it.  It was $30 for the Wide-Azz version with "Code Blue" grip, or $16 for the one you see here, so I bought the cheaper one and a thing of Plasti Dip to cushion the handle.  

Finally we have an el cheapo ratcheting band clamp from Horror Fright.  For $7 I will give it a try before I move up to name brand clamps costing three and four times as much.

• Like 6

Hanging out with you guys is bad for my wallet.

Here's today:

IMG_20170107_143123.jpg

KnarlyCarl bought the TurboShear at Menards and I immediately said to myself "How have I lived without this device?"  So I also bought one at Menards' bag sale.  

While there I picked up a Channellock 8" adjustable wrench purely because BMack37 recommended it.  It was $30 for the Wide-Azz version with "Code Blue" grip, or $16 for the one you see here, so I bought the cheaper one and a thing of Plasti Dip to cushion the handle.  

Finally we have an el cheapo ratcheting band clamp from Horror Fate.  For $7 I will give it a try before I move up to name brand clamps costing three and four times as much.

Tool bills get bigger lol I have a hard time with cheaper ratchets since I bought my protos, now I'm getting into wera zylklops man those are smooth

• Like 4

Tool bills get bigger lol I have a hard time with cheaper ratchets since I bought my protos, now I'm getting into wera zylklops man those are smooth

I was just examining the proto blackoxide ratchets. Glad to here you like them.

• Like 2

I was just examining the proto blackoxide ratchets. Glad to here you like them.

They are awesome I have them in the facom design fine tooth and have had a couple of my buddies "want" them ha ha

• Like 2

They are awesome I have them in the facom design fine tooth and have had a couple of my buddies "want" them ha ha

That always makes you feel good. I like it when that happens. It lets me know I definitely have a good tool.

• Like 2

That always makes you feel good. I like it when that happens. It lets me know I definitely have a good tool.

Especially when it comes from a guy that trashes his tools and buys shit tools ?

• Like 1

Especially when it comes from a guy that trashes his tools and buys shit tools ?

I see guys do that everyday. I have everything from harbor freight tools to snap-on and everything in between. I treat my hf tools with the same respect as my snap-on. Most tools if you treat them right they will last. I have to much money invested not to, plus I can't afford to constantly replace the ones I have. That would keep me from buying things I don't. [emoji1]

• Like 2