What tools did you buy today?

JimboS1ice

19 hours ago, Jronman said:

nice find. I don't go to TS very often. One time I was at my nearest store and a cat was just lounging on the shelf which was kinda funny. At first I saw the cat and thought did someone leave their stuff animal in the tool section. It was a real cat.

They can have some good deals.  They're store brand stuff (JobSmart) isn't bad, especially since it offers some heavier-duty tools and accessories (3/4" drive, impact rated, etc.) for a lot cheaper than name brands.  I've gotten some good deals on DeWalt tools and caught a few Gearwrench deals there.  Probably the best clearance prices I saw were Porter Cable 4Ah batteries for about $15 back in 2017 or so, and DeWalt brushed hammer drills for about $35 or so (maybe $50).  I picked up one of the latter and have yet to use it.

I think the best time to go is after major holiday and sales events.  They tend to be a bit conservative with markdowns, but if you need accessories or hand tools, the bins at the front of the store are usually a good bet, as are the seasonal displays.  Dog toys can be found cheap too.  

• 1 month later...

I bought an m12 pruner kit with dual High Output 5.0 ah batteries for $200. I also ordered the gen 3 m12 fuel impact driver and m12 fuel 3/8 high speed ratchet for hopefully around $160.we will see if the hack will work. When it is all said and done, I will have spent around $300 and saved around $800

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/5/2024 at 3:39 PM, Jronman said:

I bought an m12 pruner kit with dual High Output 5.0 ah batteries for $200. I also ordered the gen 3 m12 fuel impact driver and m12 fuel 3/8 high speed ratchet for hopefully around $160.we will see if the hack will work. When it is all said and done, I will have spent around $300 and saved around $800

I made a mistake on my prices. I spent around $360 and saved around $900

• Like 1