What tools did you buy today?

JimboS1ice

9 hours ago, Eric - TIA said:

I never heard of Wear until about 4 years ago.  Now I love their stuff.  Quality.

Wera is good, they produce a lot of bits and accessories for Snap On! If you check Snap On website they show the COO of each item, the ones with CZ (Czech Rep.) are made by Wera. Wera does make some of their things in Taiwan, too. 

Tool Crate arrived. Some nice tools inside. We got a DeWALT bag. First DeWALT item we have gotten so far if I remember correctly. We got a Crescent chisel and punch set. We got another Unilite light. We got some bolt/nut clamp I think. I will have to look into it some more to figure out what it really does. We also got a Crescent pocket level and a packout 20 oz tumbler. There was also a Tool Crate sticker and a patch.

On 7/19/2023 at 10:47 AM, Jronman said:

Tool Crate arrived. Some nice tools inside. We got a DeWALT bag. First DeWALT item we have gotten so far if I remember correctly. We got a Crescent chisel and punch set. We got another Unilite light. We got some bolt/nut clamp I think. I will have to look into it some more to figure out what it really does. We also got a Crescent pocket level and a packout 20 oz tumbler. There was also a Tool Crate sticker and a patch.

Well darn, here I am joining Gun Owners of America for life, Firearms Policy Coalition, US Concealed Carry Association, and keeping my Black Rifle Coffee subscription (I think I cancelled Manscaped?).  I might check out Tool Crate.  If they are worth the monthly subscription for some surprise tools, why not?

I just bought the black Packout 20 oz. tumbler a couple of days ago.  I have the red 30 oz. since I lost my Yeti, but in the past month or so I bought the Yeti 128 oz. jug and a plastic Yeti water bottle (basically a more expensive Nalgene bottle).  

On 7/22/2023 at 12:26 PM, fm2176 said:

Well darn, here I am joining Gun Owners of America for life, Firearms Policy Coalition, US Concealed Carry Association, and keeping my Black Rifle Coffee subscription (I think I cancelled Manscaped?).  I might check out Tool Crate.  If they are worth the monthly subscription for some surprise tools, why not?

I just bought the black Packout 20 oz. tumbler a couple of days ago.  I have the red 30 oz. since I lost my Yeti, but in the past month or so I bought the Yeti 128 oz. jug and a plastic Yeti water bottle (basically a more expensive Nalgene bottle).  

They claim everything to be of professional quality. Not a box full of junk tools. So far it has been decent. There are some tools not for me and others that are great that I never knew I wanted but wish I had sooner.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

I had an incident of forgetfulness and left my KeyBar on my bumper of my truck. I never found it which included 5 keys. I ordered a new KeyBar replacement. It should arrive today. I also decided to pick up some of those AirTag things and will instal one on the new KeyBar. Maybe if the keys go missing a second time I will have a better chance at finding them.

• Like 1

Got a Craftsman 20V table top wet tile saw from amazon US. 280 USD item price + 27 USD Tax + 650 USD shipping to UK as amazon does not do that + 110 GBP Import Tax = 1100 USD approximately. Ducking crazy!!! Could not wait anymore for DeWALT to make one. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I find myself stopping by Walmart almost daily, and while picking up oil change supplies and a tarp yesterday, I noticed this on the cart that a lady was using to stock the clearance aisle. 

HART 215-Piece Mechanics Tool Set, Multiple Drive, Chrome Finish - Walmart.com

It was half-off at $69, and 16-year-old Husky blow-molded set is finally starting to show its age, with a few replacements here and there.  The only reason this was on clearance was that the handle was broken.  Not the end of the world.  

I had my shed delivered yesterday, so between it and the single garage, I'll gradually start organizing tools and hardware.  My neighbor walked over as soon as he got home and started estimating what he needed to bring from work to run power out to it.  Having a good neighbor and friend who happens to own an electrical contracting business is nice.

• 3 weeks later...
13 hours ago, Eric - TIA said:

Looks pretty cool.  Amazing how these are getting more common.  I never realized how much you can do with these.

Many of the Packout mods are 3d printed in fact there are print farms dedicated to specifically Packout.

Just got 3 pieces of the new Husky Build Out modular system. So far love it. Easy to connect, strong holding power, latches seem Pro quality, removable handle, (easy to store in pickup with a cover) and very well made and designed. The only flaw I saw were the 2nd and 3rd tops wont stay open unless you let the handle down, and they need to make more accessories. But "3" pcs at $159 vs my one Packout rolling box for $139? Wish I had waited and started with Husky.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Husky-Build-Out-22-in-Black-Plastic-3-in-1-Tool-Box-Set-HKYBO3/325054543

1.jpg

2.jpg

The price of these modular boxes has skyrocketed, but the Husky looks promising.  Do I buy some of these?  Maybe the Flex?  Or just stay content with my disorganized Packout, TS 1.0 and 2.0, Ridgid, VersaStak, and TradeStak systems?  The practical side of me says I need to organize what I have.  The impulse "gotta have 'em all" sadist in me says to just buy and eventually do a torture test or beat them all to heck.

Back to prices...I got at least two of my Ridgid combos when they were $99, and I think at least one of the ToughSystem 1.0 combos for the same price (or $129, I forget).  Of course, TS was marketed as a higher-end system, but DeWalt wisely chose to release the DS450 roller box to compete with Ridgid.  Packout changed the game a bit, forcing DeWalt's hand in redesigning the TS to accommodate bags and half-width boxes and accessories.  

I like having a choice and--one day--will get my stuff organized, but for the money, I've gotten more use and abused out of the Ridgid Pro modular system than I have anything else.

I wasn't in the market, I have the 22" rolling Packout, and the Packout small parts organizer, but couldn't pass up this deal and can always use more storage options in my garage when not traveling with them.

• 4 weeks later...

I decided to order the new EGO commercial 17.5 inch string trimmer STX4500 and the commercial articulating hedge trimmer HTX5300-PA. I got $20 off but still pricey. The place I buy replacement parts had them in stock. I have been waiting for them for over a year. Next spring I will probably pickup the commercial edger and if it is out maybe the commercial PGX charging setup.

• Like 1