Irwin powerslot pliers

Stercorarius

They are rebranded NWS pliers, and the only critique I have is the finish. In between the handle close to the slip joint the finish is peeling off in mine. The jaws don't really open far enough to cut BX either. Other than that, they are great, if you get them on sale, even better!

39c735bc4b5ba40585597723d8e4c48e.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

They are rebranded NWS pliers, and the only critique I have is the finish. In between the handle close to the slip joint the finish is peeling off in mine. The jaws don't really open far enough to cut BX either. Other than that, they are great, if you get them on sale, even better!

39c735bc4b5ba40585597723d8e4c48e.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You think your better off getting the NWS?

Jimbo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've got a pair of Crescents version and have had them for 3 or 4 years. So far so good. I haven't had any issues with them, really nice pair of cutters really.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Same here. Mine are a few years old and have held up fine. The Irwin pliers are at lowes aren't they? My local lowes never had them in stock.

Same here. Mine are a few years old and have held up fine. The Irwin pliers are at lowes aren't they? My local lowes never had them in stock.

They didn't have a big rollout at Lowes because they are targeted at the high end professional market. I got the single pair my Lowe's had and they will only have the one style. I hear the angled needle nose are some next level sweet. They were (maybe still are) having a sale on Amazon.

The Irwin's have a compound joint for leverage.  The Knipex are straight, single hinged cutters. A better comparison would be to the Knipex Twinforce.  Now, all I've got to do is scare up $70 to do a head to head ... on second thought, the Irwin/NWS cutters work just fine for me.

51mXHmBPB5L._SL1063_.jpg

• Like 2

KDV, thanks for that, I didn't know Knipex made a pair like that. You really can't go wrong with either I imagine, I like the Irwin's price (and handle graphics over NWS) more. I know Wiha makes some pliers with a power slot but those are made in Vietnam, not sure if they can compare to the stuff coming out of Germany...which is top notch.