Your least used tool?

Conductor562

As a tool junky, the thought of parting with any of my tools causes me to break out in a sweat. Be that as it may, there are a few tools I just really don't use much. Of all the tools in your shop (power or hand) what ones do you use the least. Obvoiusly there are any number of specialty tools used for very specific tasks that spend a lot more time in the box than in your hand, but I'm thinking more in terms of main stream tools. For whatever reason, I rarely use my Vice-Grips. I have 3 combo wrenches of most sizes and find myself using 2 of them in places where it would probably be easier just to hook the Vice-Grips on it. Surely everyone has some type of quirk like that about them?

I hardly ever use my cats paw. :)

It would depend on which hat I'm wearing, If I'm wearing my carpenters hat, I would have to say single function screwdrivers, I live with my Klein 11 in 1, rarely every using a dedicated single use screwdriver, unless I'm going to work with a single fastener for any length of time. Conversely, when I don my mechanics hat, I hardly ever use a multi bit screwdriver.

I have a bunch of tools that I seldom use because of age and the associated lack of available spare parts. My Black & Decker Sawcat comes to mind. I only break it out for special occasions, like showing for the young ones how much better older tools really are.

Probably the least used power tool I own is my power planer. I have a couple that I rarely use. I basically only use them for fitting doors. As for cordless, my Bosch PS 40, I find I get along much better with an 18 volt impact driver.

My least used tool is really a set. Its my set of security and odd type screwdrivers.

There are all kinds of screw heads out there these days especially when dismantling tools or many European plant and machinery, and though I don't use them often,they are damn handy when I do. :)

My least used tool is really a set. Its my set of security and odd type screwdrivers.

There are all kinds of screw heads out there these days especially when dismantling tools or many European plant and machinery, and though I don't use them often,they are damn handy when I do. :)

What set is it you have? I really like the Wiha driver and security bits sets. I hate it when I have to break it out, why do people have to make it hard to work on things?