Disappointment with DTD148 impact driver EU model!

AJB

As above title....

Can't understand why the EU model of the DTD148 doesn't have a 'one touch drop in 1/4" chuck' ???

The Japan version TD148 and the USA version XDR09 has drop in chuck.

Totally misleading all the promotional pictures show the drop in chuck and yet the EU version I have to pull the sleeve forward to insert a bit!!

Surely it must be more expensive to have a different production for the EU model??

• Like 1

Is a drop in Chuck really a thing ? Im being serious here. Im only knowlegable about Makita and Bosch but those 2 Brands have never ever had an impact in belgium which die not require a sleeve to be pulled forwards to insert a bit.

Im quite amazed at the moment :D

Yeah, same here! WOW. That sounds like an super thing to have. :-D

Paying almost twice the price, I think we europeans should at lest get the functions americans have! Daaaaammmmnnn.:P

I remember looking at some Makita Impact drivers many years ago on a holiday in the states and they had drop in chucks, back then!

Some exciting holidays I have!! Well it's only fair when I've been dragged round every clothes shop in Orlando...

Ha! Too bad, did you have to hold her purse too?

QWjBZ9k.gif

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I know my irwin extension rod has that function, but thats about it. No other bit-holder or impacts that has that kind of function. Even the awesome ones.

Very weird.

But then again, that same function in the irwin also locket up, making me unable to get the bit bit out. A lot of pulling with large hand tools and beating with hammer finaly made it out. XD

• 2 weeks later...

I have an older Makita LXDT01 and I can snap in a bit without having to move the chuck sleeve,  so obviously Makita has been producing them for a while.  That being said, I am located in the states, so maybe there's a difference in what they have here versus Europe. 

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Tony23 said:

I have the dts141 oil impact driver from Makita eu model I like how quiet it is and the torque adjustments are easy to use, hardly any vibration 

Good to know, I hardly ever hear anything of the Makita one, it never got promoted like the Ridgid it seems.

Also welcome to the forums!