Milwaukee 2nd Gen Fuel HD chuck run out!

Jim86

A few weeks ago I picked up the new Milwaukee 2nd Gen fuel Impact/Drill combo set. I have noticed some chuck wobble it is not the worst I have seen but its pretty obvious I am wondering if you guys have are having the same issue. Do you think I should return it back to home depot? 

I have a slight wobble with my gen 2 fuel drill. it doesn't hinder the performance for me. It's a handheld, even if it didn't have a wobble you would probably move around 1/16" during drilling. I mean It's not meant to be a precision Cnc mill. I think If you want a drill for looks yeh go return it but hey it's a tool made to work so shove a bit in an go to town.

• Like 1

Are you sure its not just the sleeve on the chuck? My porter cables have the same thing,but when actually drilling they are fine.

Put a 6 inch bit of a decent diameter in there and you can see really how bad it is.To be honest for just plowing holes into whatever it wont matter.

it is a hand held drill motor, you are causing more out of tolerances specs while drilling any hole anyway, if it is a hole that needs tight tolerances you need a better tool to do it. mill drill, drill press, mag drill, boring machine lathe ect ect   

if it is so bad you can't even start a hole I would look to have it replaced......

• Like 1