The new lease for the next 2 years.

DR99

Jason I think you did good man, 200 a month is too much to put down on a car, cause how you going to afford to keep your lights on and feed the family if its all being dumped in a car? Hey, did you do any trade ins before you got this car?

your joking right? 2016 hello? average price of an entry level vehicle is $15,000 -$20,000 if you are buying it payments can be around $400-$500 a month........ you want to look at trucks you can double that.....

your joking right? 2016 hello? average price of an entry level vehicle is $15,000 -$20,000 if you are buying it payments can be around $400-$500 a month........ you want to look at trucks you can double that.....

Yea 200 is nothing for a payment, depending on what you put down average is 3-350

Jimbo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Its getting to the point now where only the rich will be able to afford a car, just like the first cars the model T. I don't know where car manufacturers get off with these high vehicle costs. You can't even get a luxery SUV under 60K - 80K anymore!

things haven't really changed, back in the 50's it was lucky to see a vehicle in a driveway on the street now there seems there is 3 in every driveway.......people want more and people pay more for it. My oldest daughter just bought her first brand new vehicle in Dec for a little over $33k for a Honda CR-V touring.....prices are crazy I will agree but so are wages it is all in perspective    

Its getting to the point now where only the rich will be able to afford a car, just like the first cars the model T. I don't know where car manufacturers get off with these high vehicle costs. You can't even get a luxery SUV under 60K - 80K anymore!

Look how much a damn Kia is

Jimbo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Yeah Comp, when it comes to high priced stuff, I usually buy used. My limit for buying anything brand new is about 400 to 1000 dollars. Anything that costs more then that I have to get used cause I can't afford the high interests rates and price hykes. Even tractors are expensive, you don't get a good one unless you spend 5 grand at least! So in a case like that, I would hunt down a 5 grand machine used on say Craigslist for 1000 or less. A lot of times I buy generic brand stuff, I could never afford an Apple Ipad lol. So I just went with a google android, spent 300 less, and still happy about it to this day ;p;

ya your right in most cases, but the whole system in general has made it easy for people too, by offering 0% financing for up to 96 months in some cases......I think that is to long but 48 or so works especially for new vehicles......

Jason I think you did good man, 200 a month is too much to put down on a car, cause how you going to afford to keep your lights on and feed the family if its all being dumped in a car? Hey, did you do any trade ins before you got this car?

Nope just turned the cruze in. No its just a lease for a 24 month term. I always have a payment, but I can justify it when it is out of pocket 168 a month with tax. I shop a cheap lease and not to fall in love with a car. You can get expensive fast leasing when you add high tier trim packages.  Plus its nice having a brand new car every few years at least in Michigan

If you want to buy into an expensive vehicle type, and are mechanically minded, you can always  sign up on an insurance auction site and bid on a wrecked unit and then rebuild it. A couple of years back, I was experimenting with making a business out of buying wrecked Boxsters and stripping them to sell the parts. The first one I bought turned out to be in better shape than expected and so I decided to rebuild it. Bought a second unit and used it for parts to fix the first. Sold off the excess parts and ended up with a decent Porsche for less than 10k with about three months of spare time in the project.

• Like 2

a couple of buddies have dabbled in that too, buy a later model wreck and rebuild them. Problem with it though is many times the vehicle is tagged and resale value is low so spending to much can become over spending real quick.

• Like 1

@comp56 Yeah, the cars rebuilt in this manner are always tagged with a rebuilt title, and it does lower resale value. After doing this a couple of times, for lack of something better to do because of the housing crash, I determined that it would always be a wash or a loss as far as money goes, but stripping the cars to sell the parts would always generate some income. Just not enough during this economy to attempt to make a business out of it without major investment in land and warehousing. The Boxsters were massive fun to drive though.

• Like 1

a couple of buddies have dabbled in that too, buy a later model wreck and rebuild them. Problem with it though is many times the vehicle is tagged and resale value is low so spending to much can become over spending real quick.

Salvage title cars can be hit or miss depending on how much work it needs. I wouldn't be against it on a cheap work truck though. Get a new truck but with some damage.

@comp56 Yeah, the cars rebuilt in this manner are always tagged with a rebuilt title, and it does lower resale value. After doing this a couple of times, for lack of something better to do because of the housing crash, I determined that it would always be a wash or a loss as far as money goes, but stripping the cars to sell the parts would always generate some income. Just not enough during this economy to attempt to make a business out of it without major investment in land and warehousing. The Boxsters were massive fun to drive though.

Parts are always more valuable than the whole car typically. Especially if you have a weird option or color code. Body panels that are fine but painted the right color are in demand as some can just be bolted back on as a quick fix

On the Boxsters, I made more money on interior and mechanical parts than anything else. Body panels were an incredible pain in the tail and I had higher than 50% shipping damage with them on average. It was hit or miss and I stopped shipping large parts because of it. In the long run though, due to various circumstances, along with that accident I was involved in, it just wasn't a viable occupation for me.

a couple buddies that have some nice cars and was able to drive some nice stuff here and there.... 1 buddy owns a 2010 R8 V10 audi and a porche 959S both cars are incredibly fun to drive but I wouldn't put out the money they have invested.....