Screen Protectors

ChrisK

I have always gotten a cheap case and those cheap plastic protectors that have served me pretty well.  I dont abuse the phone but im not gentle with it either.  My wife just got a new iphone and got the store to put their glass screen protector on that.  Little pricey @ $30 but it turned out great and it came with a guarantee.  Its designed to crack instead of the phone screen so if the phone actually cracks, they'll replace the screen for free.  Not a bad deal.

I have the rugged waterproof s5 with a pelican case on it and a glass screen protector. It has been dropped from ladders and the only thing that is cracked is the screen protector. It's nice to have the glass because if my boss calls when I'm welding I don't have the foresight to put it back in my pocket under my welding jacket so my screen protector is pitted from slag chunks. The key to getting them on without bubbles is to put them on when it's very warm and then go outside in the cold and let the small air bubbles contract and suck themselves in.

So with a quick search on screen cases I determined that the popular case manufacturers, no surprise, do not make cases for generic brand device like Dragon Touch. Oh well no big deal, I don't have plans of dropping it from 10 feet, and I always suspect any case manufacturer who claims their cases can protect devices from fall of 10+ feet like a drop from a roof. Also in my search I discovered something. I realized that I have been out of the loop for the past year. They now have octa core processors powering tablets. how many cores is an octa core anyways? Is that 8 cores? 16 cores? Anyways, the latest dragon touch model the X10 is described as an octa core 2.2GHZ processor, which would put it at the speed of my notebook machine, crazy!

You know, if game companies like Bethesda decide to start putting their games out for the android or IOS operating systems, imagine being able to play Fallout 4 on your tablet hehe. Of course Bethesda would have to dumb the graphics down just a bit, but I can't see why you couldn't make it work.

Rockstar put out older gran theft auto games for the iPad... Might be a few other floating around as well.

Jimbo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1