20 pc Gear Wrench ratcheting wrenches

JimboS1ice

One thing about these is the ratcheting portion seems to have some manufacturing defects. Go through each other the wrenches and put your find in the hole and ratchet it, wiggle it back and forth, if it doesn't move excessively or fall out it's fine. Seems like they have some employees that just forget to put whatever retains the ratcheting portion in the wrench...that is NOT a knock on the wrenches, could even just be a bad batch but I've seen it posted and had a bad one myself(Made in Taiwan). Just worth checking out before you lose your ability to exchange it in store.

BTW, I've been filling out the missing pieces on eBay and Amazon mostly but occasionally Advance Auto parts has discount codes that helps. Sears also stocks 3 sizes that they skipped. All my singles have been made in China.

One thing about these is the ratcheting portion seems to have some manufacturing defects. Go through each other the wrenches and put your find in the hole and ratchet it, wiggle it back and forth, if it doesn't move excessively or fall out it's fine. Seems like they have some employees that just forget to put whatever retains the ratcheting portion in the wrench...that is NOT a knock on the wrenches, could even just be a bad batch but I've seen it posted and had a bad one myself(Made in Taiwan). Just worth checking out before you lose your ability to exchange it in store.

BTW, I've been filling out the missing pieces on eBay and Amazon mostly but occasionally Advance Auto parts has discount codes that helps. Sears also stocks 3 sizes that they skipped. All my singles have been made in China.

Your the man dude! I'm excited for these, even the guy at the counter was like wow that's a great deal.

Jimbo

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Your the man dude! I'm excited for these, even the guy at the counter was like wow that's a great deal.

Jimbo

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

These are the nicest ratcheting wrenches I've ever had. You'll see what a great deal it is if you start filling up a wrench holder, killer deal! Thanks for sharing this for the crew!

I can post the differences between the two China/Taiwan wrenches but it's soo minimal that it really didn't come across in pictures. Basically the etching is a little better on the Taiwan and the finish milling on the black portion of the ratcheting end is smoother on the Taiwan.

BTW, if you're having trouble reading the etching in lower light, I used nail polish to cover the size and wiped the excess off with a paper towel. Simple and looks good. I did black but you can do blue/red for the SAE/Metric.

• Like 2

BTW, if you're having trouble reading the etching in lower light, I used nail polish to cover the size and wiped the excess off with a paper towel. Simple and looks good. I did black but you can do blue/red for the SAE/Metric.

Nice "life hack" as they say, i bet I could do that to many other tools as well.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Cool that u like them Jimbo I bought mine from a box truck about 5 yrs ago I'm not sure where they were made but I love them.

If it's stamped with a "0" and two "-" one horizontal and one vertical, it's Taiwan. One "0" and one horizontal "-" it's China. Think there are also some without a maker's mark that are also made in China.

• Like 1

If it's stamped with a "0" and two "-" one horizontal and one vertical, it's Taiwan. One "0" and one horizontal "-" it's China. Think there are also some without a maker's mark that are also made in China.

Thanks brotha I'm gonna check them out 2marrow when I get to work

Wondered what that marking was

• 4 weeks later...

If you want to fill some holes if you bought the smaller sets after passing or that led to passing on this set, check this eBay seller. Looks to be about 50% off Amazon pricing.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Gearwrench-Flat-Ratcheting-Wrench-Any-Size-SAE-or-Metric-Combination-Ratchet-/291091567361?var=&hash=item43c668d301:m:meEQ4C-lzMfIy-FJ0ZZMBug

46 minutes ago, JimboS1ice said:

I picked up the 20 piece set, nice find though Bmack your always on point

Jimbo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I try, I'm only a 1" ratchet away from completing my full set filling the holes and my wrench racks.

This is the list for filling the holes:

Metric: 7, 9, 11, 19

SAE: 13/16, 7/8, 15/16, 1

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    qipper
    Newest Member
    qipper