Drains and tools

KnarlyCarl

1 hour ago, Foneguy said:

Great job dude !!!!!

you rocked that job...... pun intended !!

LOL nice one haha

Oh i forgot about Friday:

Trailer park having issues at one lot, major blockage, i couldn't get the cable auger in the main line because this park has whole house traps in every one of them, and even though i was able to get into the line under the house through this pipe:

IMG_20170303_124725982

I ran into the whole house trap with a .66" diameter cable, trying to go through this pictured here but WITHOUT THE CLEANOUT plugs to access it properly.. Nowadays they are prohibited here (thank goodness)

Basically trying to go through the 3" U-bend itself with that big of a cable wont work

HouseTrap1.jpg

//

So I ended up poking around in the backyard and found it and dug it up by hand and punched a hole in the clay pipe with my sds and it blew a geyser of a lot of air and then sewage...

We had to bucket it out by hand and dump it a ways off the yard, then i used this nice harbor freight angle grinder and a 3" core bit to drill a big enough hole to get the cable head in to clear the blockage..

This picture shows after we had removed a lot of the waste water by bucket so i could cut a hole in the pipe while it was still gushing out LOL you can't see the hole in the pipe i made because the hole i dug was filling back up with sewage .. lovely

IMG_20170303_160513942

Now it's cleared and i can see the hole i made

IMG_20170303_161224727

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Foneguy said:

Bad ass !!! 

What did you use to repair the hole in the clay pipe, rubber gasket material under metal clamp ?

The first couple lots were infuriating until I figured out they had whole house traps and no clean outs... then I just wanted to scream at someone...

Here's a trailer park that tells us to only do the bare minimum, so we cut a piece of PVC with a hole saw to match the profile of the clay, and use hydraulic cement to hold it in place over top of the hole. Backfill and done. 

Only time we do it with tee clean out is when we're replacing a section of damaged drain and put one in at that time. They're pretty ridiculous about things

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, KnarlyCarl said:

The first couple lots were infuriating until I figured out they had whole house traps and no clean outs... then I just wanted to scream at someone...

Here's a trailer park that tells us to only do the bare minimum, so we cut a piece of PVC with a hole saw to match the profile of the clay, and use hydraulic cement to hold it in place over top of the hole. Backfill and done. 

Only time we do it with tee clean out is when we're replacing a section of damaged drain and put one in at that time. They're pretty ridiculous about things

Plumbers, Doctors and Lawyers...this is why you guys make the big bucks:)

I have never run across a whole house trap in my area? You have a trap at each fixture, what is it for just extra protection?

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, tpamatmat said:

Plumbers, Doctors and Lawyers...this is why you guys make the big bucks:)

I have never run across a whole house trap in my area? You have a trap at each fixture, what is it for just extra protection?

Used to be common many years ago, but yes, every fixture drain has its own trap so I'm not exactly sure the history on them

12 hours ago, KnarlyCarl said:

Brilliant !!