Calling all plumbers!

JimboS1ice

Different style of backflow preventer that I've seen but that drains away water if a check valve becomes fouled in that assembly and won't stop water from going backwards, the intermediate vent will drain the water away instead. If a seal in that assembly doesn't completely seal against backflow, the water will drain out the bottom there instead of any possibility of it going back into the city water supply. If it starts leaking out, you don't want a mess all over the floor, so the drain pipe takes it away instead

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Oh yah I saw that there, but the main focus was on the backflow. Chicago must be real tight on all their water codes

Can you tell what brand that is? I've never seen one quite like that.

Oh and I went back and finished the three backflow preventers and put tape around the pipes where the clamps are

Oh yah I saw that there, but the main focus was on the backflow. Chicago must be real tight on all their water codes

Oh and I went back and finished the three backflow preventers and put tape around the pipes where the clamps are

Unfortunately I don't know when I'll be back at that store to get you a better picture, knowing Chicago there was probably some kick backs from the union job.

Jimbo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

21 hours ago, KnarlyCarl said:

Good job on the tape!!, I'm going to ask my plumbing inspector on Monday to see if it is code. I think we only do it to cover are ass and to prevent electrolysis. I think thats a Wilkins ZW1070XL Aqua-Gard Thermostatic mixing valve, which is the same one I install every now and than. The only place backflows are not installed here are in residential homes, mansions have them and anything commercial are required. 

• Like 1

Good job on the tape!!, I'm going to ask my plumbing inspector on Monday to see if it is code. I think we only do it to cover are ass and to prevent electrolysis. I think thats a Wilkins ZW1070XL Aqua-Gard Thermostatic mixing valve, which is the same one I install every now and than. The only place backflows are not installed here are in residential homes, mansions have them and anything commercial are required. 

Hey Justin do you know the brand of backflow preventer in Jimbos last pic?

On 3/5/2016 at 6:44 PM, KnarlyCarl said:

Hey Justin do you know the brand of backflow preventer in Jimbos last pic?

I'm not sure maybe a Watts. I should have posted this a few days ago but here's a gate stop I made out of power strut and fittings almost ten years ago. I thought I used galvanized bolts and washers I guess it rusts away. 

IMAG1064.jpg

• Like 1