Here you go protoolnut

NicholasShetley

The other day in chat I told protoolnut that I would shoot a video of the hot rod running and since protool has done a lot of cold start videos I figured I would make this one. The truck hasn't been started in a while and it was about 45 degrees out. Here is how it went. 

• Like 6

That is very cool, I never got into that with anyone like you did, it was all roofing and farming growing up, my family was too practical to attempt something like this, the only time my dad picked up a wrench was to fix this or modify that to make it work better haha. But since I went to college for automotive and worked in a shop for awhile, I don't really care to do it, although I can appreciate the effort and craftsmanship that went into this project. I really like the sound of that at idle, it appeals to my love for all things diesel, not the same, but has that low undertone to the exhaust.... like a lullaby, it would put me to sleep!

42 minutes ago, KnarlyCarl said:

That is very cool, I never got into that with anyone like you did, it was all roofing and farming growing up, my family was too practical to attempt something like this, the only time my dad picked up a wrench was to fix this or modify that to make it work better haha. But since I went to college for automotive and worked in a shop for awhile, I don't really care to do it, although I can appreciate the effort and craftsmanship that went into this project. I really like the sound of that at idle, it appeals to my love for all things diesel, not the same, but has that low undertone to the exhaust.... like a lullaby, it would put me to sleep!

It as only natural that j got infected with the hot rodding bug. My grandpa was one of the first hot riders here. He was one of the first to have a v8 swapped truck here plus he chopped the top on it and put a nova subframe on it. My dad and his brother were always finding ways to get their vehicles faster. My dad has a 47 ford that was his first car that he put a small block Chevy in that he ran back and forth to Nashville where he was going to school at. He still has it and I doubt he will ever get rid of it. I haven't done much to my truck yet but I'd like to fix it up after I get out of tech school and put a bigger and more powerful motor in it. I haven't decided on what motor though.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Stercorarius said:

I like the JD in the background. Your grandpa a farmer? Also was that a lecarra steering wheel?

My grandpa isn't a farmer, he uses it to take care of his land. It's a 1010. It isn't a lecarra wheel, I don't know what brand it is.