Hex Impact Socket Set

M80

A solid middle ground for price and quality will be Tekton. If you are really committed and are willing to spend a little more there is sunex which makes. After that it is all high end tools where the price increases exponentially. For 1/2" I use Pittsburgh professional sockets (regular 6 point sockets not the hex ones) and have been very pleased with them.

• Like 1

The thing to look for is Chrome vanadium or chrome molybdenum. CrM is softer and is what you want in an impact socket. CrV is hard, while it is great for hand tools, it will crack when used on an impact. Pittsburgh sockets are CrV and tend to get your nut stuck in them while Pittsburgh professional are CrM and work much better.

For a low cost base option you can get the 8 piece 1/4" to 3/4" Pittsburgh Professional set here for $30. %20 off coupons aren't hard to get either.

It turns out Tekton doesn't offer them, but Neiko is about on par with them and sells an 8 piece set with the same sizes here for $45.

For your best option I would go with the sunex 10 piece set for $65 here.

• Like 1

May be a bit late, but Harbor Freight sockets are the gems in the store. I've never had an isssue with any socket  or socket set I have puchased there. Heck, I just bought a 3/4" breaker bar there for like $22 when at Grainger they wanted $100+ for a similar bar. Been using their sockets and breaker bars for many years now.