Dremel Velocity

jeffmcmillan

New dremel multi tool. 7 Amp motor, so this is a powerhouse, but the bigger deal is a 5 degree swing on the blade.  Not so good for fine details but this work much faster than any other OMT

VC60-01-lg%20r144875v15.jpg

http://www.dremel.com/en-us/TOOLS/PAGES/ToolDetail.aspx?pid=VC60-01#.Vv6-n_krKHs

The big question though is why is this using the standard Dremel blade change?  Bosch owns both Dremel and Starlock, and the whole point of Starlock is to provide a stronger blade change for more powerful multitools.  Not only that, but the Dremel blade lock is a smaller (ie. weaker) version of OIS.  If you didn't already think starlock was a money grab to drag out the incompatibility of multitool blades, this should be convincing.

Please convince me otherwise.  I just can't seem to find a valid reason no matter where I look.

Jeff I agree that to me is like hitting a line drive to left field you think your going to hit a home run and the left fielder jumps up and snatches an out... Great concept just falls short maybe they thought if they changed blade styles they'd piss Dremel users off.

Jimbo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have to say I like the pin lock Milwaukee has even if it takes a few seconds to change it seems to be a stronger design I know I like that the M18 is toolless just the same...