Cord / cordless band saw ?

JVP26

1 hour ago, Jronman said:

Might as well get the Powermatic PM2415B-3, 24" BANDSAW, 5HP 3PH 230/460V. A bit cumbersome to take to the jobsite but will cut through almost anything. A little expensive though.

Personally this seems like the opposite of what I would want. To each his own though.

First it's 230/460v which is three phase. Good luck finding that on a jobsite.

Second it is stationary. No way anybody moves that after they install that. Much less brings it on a crawlspace. Handheld seems the only format a tradesmen would want. 

Third it's a woodworking saw. There is no way you would use that vertical style band on most metal applications.

Fourth it's six thousand dollars. "might as well" buy a five tool fuel combo kit, fuel deep cut bandsaw, M12 bandsaw, M18 propress tool, M18 and M12 pex expanders and some other tools for not even close to that.

• Like 1

Yeah I need portability..... The fuel will ultimately be the one I get... probably!

But it won't work for a lot of my applications tho honestly.... crawlspace or attic up against a joist etc... only a sawzall will work to cut out the old cast iron pipes. What a band saw will be good at tho is installing of punched angle iron and threaded rod etc, out in the open

20 hours ago, Stercorarius said:

Personally this seems like the opposite of what I would want. To each his own though.

First it's 230/460v which is three phase. Good luck finding that on a jobsite.

Second it is stationary. No way anybody moves that after they install that. Much less brings it on a crawlspace. Handheld seems the only format a tradesmen would want. 

Third it's a woodworking saw. There is no way you would use that vertical style band on most metal applications.

Fourth it's six thousand dollars. "might as well" buy a five tool fuel combo kit, fuel deep cut bandsaw, M12 bandsaw, M18 propress tool, M18 and M12 pex expanders and some other tools for not even close to that.

I was trying to be funny.