Best sawzall out there ?

SevenOddosFence

Found this at Menards, you have to get their specific blades

26337688572_58338b5302_b.jpg  

I was looking at it today and their blades, figure the blades have to be flush on the inner end and I was looking at a 12 inch blade that had some screws in it, if there wasn't a rebate for that price I would have considered picking it up.

14 hours ago, HiltiWpg said:

That makes sense, it also explains why I love Makita too!

Hilti rebranding Makita to fill the entry level stuff is a great idea, they killed off their old entry level recip saw (which wasn't very good) and there is quite a gap between the entry level and high end tiers.

We have 2x of the 1250's and they are ridiculous, you can switch off the orbital mode, but holy crap does it make a difference. Too bad the Makita rebrand isn't orbital.

Using Makita stuff on the low end ain't exactly suckage... It's not like they are rebranding HF stuff :P Makita makes some very nice products, usually in the discussion with Milwaukee for top notch mass produced brands.

• Like 1

Using Makita stuff on the low end ain't exactly suckage... It's not like they are rebranding HF stuff [emoji14] Makita makes some very nice products, usually in the discussion with Milwaukee for top notch mass produced brands.

There is a vast difference between "low end" and "entry level". I would never call makita "low end".

• Like 1

17 hours ago, HiltiWpg said:

There is a vast difference between "low end" and "entry level". I would never call makita "low end".

I was referring to Hilti's "low end" not industry wide low end. Hilti doesn't make too much stuff anyone would consider cheap or crappy ;)

The old Sawzalls and Tiger saws rock!.

New stuff is garbage. I have 4 old Milwaukees, 2 tigers, 2 tiger claws. Add some grease to the gear box, as there is minimal in there, and they will last a long time.

New product is garbage. I killed a Milwaukee on one job, only job it was on. The new style blade clamp on the Bosch sucks.

• 4 weeks later...