XRH04Z vs BHR241Z? Missing LED? Differences?

novice121

Hi. I just bought a brand new XRH04Z Cordless SDS Hammer Drill, and noticed the Makita website says " Built-in L.E.D. light with afterglow illuminates the work area ", but for the life of me, I can not see anything on the tool light up to illuminate anything? Lol.

MAkita XHR04Z

VS my older BHR241Z Makita BHR241Z

I love this tool, I'm no engineer, so the best I can do for you is tell the only complaint I've had after using my BHR241 often; the weak point on both of this tools that are practically identical is the trigger. The trigger is awful in durability because is loosely covered by a rubber layer (for ergonomic purposes, I guess), and the flimsy plastic trigger behind that rubber protection actually starts off by breaking the rubber layer as the vibration of the tool in used creates that friction between them, and after that, the trigger itself seems to come off or get stuck easy, and break off.

I have not used my XHR04z just yet, but the trigger feels very much the same as my older model BHR241z.

Other than that, I love the tool for price/ergonomics/quality ratio... wish I knew how to make a review like this guy:

But can't help you on that one. I just know that I can't afford Hilti, and that from experience with other brands, Makita seems to be the sweet spot for me price/quality wise.

20160416_204654.jpg

20160416_204737.jpg

Edited by novice121
add pics
  • Like 1