Any hope for a 7 1/4 20V brushless circular saw?

DPSElias

Well Fj you don't need to follow my logic, but I'm not looking for your approval and others can :), don't know why you're bringing up ryobi? I've had and still have ryobi but I don't want and never suggested I wanted one, you're derailing this discussion as they don't have a 7 1/4 saw. I have 3 corded saws all over 30 years old so yes they are heavy much heavier than 10 lbs, they don't make saws like that anymore. Price is not a concern (I am willing to spend $500+ on a Milwaukee kit) its value (i'm not one to throw my money away) I have more use for a larger lineup than another small one. Same reason why I stopped buying the 12V max and went M12 Fuel.

As I said before, ideally I want 1 battery for all my tools, and the fact is Flexvolt can't deliver that, Yes they are compatible with 20V but 20V is not compatible with Flexvolt. There are pros and cons for each route, and neither is a clear cut winner, unless your Bias then it's your favorite brand :).

FYI I was able to go to a local HD and get the 7 1/4 fiber blade ($10-$15) could not with the 6 1/2 as the one you suggested is $80 on amazon, I'd rather put that extra $60-$70 towards a new tool, but that's me.

.....I feel like I am stuck in a political debate lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Framer Joe brought up Ryobi because you seem fixated on deals and value. I was a single system puritan for a while. M18 only. Then M12. Because it's on one charger I saw it was being "still practically one system". Then I realized I was missing out on tools I wanted because they weren't available in red. Expanded into 20v Max and FlexVolt. I've organized boxes and systems by task more than tool, so it's still quite organized despite having 4 battery types. My Milwaukee:Dewalt ratio is probably 2:1 at this point. If you're willing to spend $500 on a Milwaukee kit you could get a FlexVolt circular saw kit with 2 batteries for that. Best deal out there right now is likely the 2731 7.25" Fuel with 9.0 and rapid charger though. 

• Like 2

approx. when is the 9ah coming

and what do you mean with "more batteries coming "  ??

do you mean the 20v max 6ah battery we already know about ?

or ????

cheers

Dewalt released a 6.0 20v battery with 20700 cells

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Bremon said:

Framer Joe brought up Ryobi because you seem fixated on deals and value. I was a single system puritan for a while. M18 only. Then M12. Because it's on one charger I saw it was being "still practically one system". Then I realized I was missing out on tools I wanted because they weren't available in red. Expanded into 20v Max and FlexVolt. I've organized boxes and systems by task more than tool, so it's still quite organized despite having 4 battery types. My Milwaukee:Dewalt ratio is probably 2:1 at this point. If you're willing to spend $500 on a Milwaukee kit you could get a FlexVolt circular saw kit with 2 batteries for that. Best deal out there right now is likely the 2731 7.25" Fuel with 9.0 and rapid charger though. 

Yes but I wasn't looking at Ryobi (I'd consider Rigid before Ryobi), plus ryobi does not offer what I originally requested a 7 1/4 Circular saw and I Currently have the 20V and a 24V 6.5 saws so I don't need another one :)  plus I have M12 kits, so the progression in my eyes has 2 paths Milwaukee M18 or Flexvolt, and there are pros and cons for each, I am not stuck on one platform as my current stock of cordless are M12, 12V Max and 20V max, not including my old NiCads. 

I originally bought into the Dewalt system for the same reason you bought into M18 and M12, but agree you'll miss out is you stay with one, but if I have to miss out fine, I don't want to get into another platform that doesn't Grow, I have been waiting for the last few years for growth of the 20V line and there is some but others grow faster. I like the compatibility of the 60V batteries on 20V tools, but I have a S-Ton of 20V batteries some still in the package, so I'd like to just buy a bare tool, but thats not gonna happen.

The value with spending $500 on Milwaukee is 2 batteries and 3 tools vs 1 tool and 3 batteries. If it was a clear cut I would have jump on one already. The pro with milwuakee is the larger line up with one battery and the pro for flex is power. I'll probably debate this for another year and just get the job done with what I have :) 

If I was new starting over I would probably buy the Flexvolt, Saw, grinder, and recip, and this conversation would be happening :) but I have the 20V grinder and recip saw and don't have a need to updgrade them as they get the job done for me.

I use ToughSystem boxes for everything; batteries go in one of the 4" tall organizers, they are slim and easy to add to whatever stack of boxes I'm taking. If it's a small job I won't bring extra batteries and just pop a battery on each tool I'm taking so I'm only taking 3-4 batteries instead of taking a big pile. 

13 minutes ago, Turner85 said:

Wow that is cool I like that organization as this will also help with battery rotation! Hopefully I can find some stateside. 

3 hours ago, DPSElias said:

Wow that is cool I like that organization as this will also help with battery rotation! Hopefully I can find some stateside. 

Looks easy to make.... Hummm wheels turning.....

And I guess I'll stir the pot a bit, too. If you are are looking for sheer variety of tools, Makita might be a good choice. Their tools are decent. Dewalt seems to be king in my area, but I have a couple of brothers up north who love their Makitas. They do a lot of metal roofing and have very few corded tools, so I assume they know what they are talking about. I also work at a Truss manufacturer /hardware store, so we both use and sell tools. I was the "tool guy" for the hardware store side of things, so I took a look at all the major US brands.

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

And I guess I'll stir the pot a bit, too. If you are are looking for sheer variety of tools, Makita might be a good choice. Their tools are decent. Dewalt seems to be king in my area, but I have a couple of brothers up north who love their Makitas. They do a lot of metal roofing and have very few corded tools, so I assume they know what they are talking about. I also work at a Truss manufacturer /hardware store, so we both use and sell tools. I was the "tool guy" for the hardware store side of things, so I took a look at all the major US brands.

X2 makita circular saw is a strong contender and it's not even brushless [emoji1377][emoji1377]

1 hour ago, drfreemlizard said:

21 minutes ago, JimboS1ice said:

X2 makita circular saw is a strong contender and it's not even brushless emoji1377.pngemoji1377.png

Good point, I think I would take the Makita tools over the dewalt personally, the same batteries will work with all their tools, and would have multiple batteries means it's not a big deal tying up two batteries in a X2 tool. 

I love their cordless vacuum products of lately too..... 

Ok, in typical TIA fashion, we're off topic already, but man, this conversation went deep down the rabbit hole there for a bit, quite an in depth study I had to catch up on...

The fact remains on the Fuel vs Flex circ saws:

Fuel has rafter hook and is lighter, longer warranty

Flex runs faster RPM and more powerful

Other than that, it comes down to preference and deals and your existing platform and warranty and the above conversation haha... 

• Like 2

Good point, I think I would take the Makita tools over the dewalt personally, the same batteries will work with all their tools, and would have multiple batteries means it's not a big deal tying up two batteries in a X2 tool. 

I love their cordless vacuum products of lately too..... 

Ok, in typical TIA fashion, we're off topic already, but man, this conversation went deep down the rabbit hole there for a bit, quite an in depth study I had to catch up on...

The fact remains on the Fuel vs Flex circ saws:

Fuel has rafter hook and is lighter, longer warranty

Flex runs faster RPM and more powerful

Other than that, it comes down to preference and deals and your existing platform and warranty and the above conversation haha... 

Don't forget though makita has an x2 charger that charges the 2 packs at the same time