Kitchen light sucks

n8n82250

Me and my mom went to Lowe's today and she was looking for a light to be put on top on the fridge to add a little more light to the "depressing" kitchen. She liked this 40watt bronze light so i said it's not bright enough so I picked out this 250watt utility light for $15. Anybody know how long this light should be run for?d98e782f612b3a72cdd96c2117ee66e8.jpg69cabf74d80c140c57de428b2814f0a9.jpg3e068339a1c88d933add7a7e14faee92.jpg

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Wow that's one way of lighting the room, thought you meant you put in something permanent.

As far as how long to let it on, they are meant to be on all day long, but over enough time it will add to your electric bill ha... also keep it clear of anything and everything, it gets very hot and could start a fire if something combustible touches it fit extended time, you might smell it getting hot from the dust that accumulates on it if you haven't used it in awhile. But aren't there better nicer options you could light with, maybe something mounted out of the way? LED perhaps? Make it look/feel more homey too

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

I've had halogens last years and I've had halogens last days and I have had halogens not work out of the box... Kind of like rolling the dice there IMO I would aim for a more permanent lighting option.

Jimbo

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm pretty sure there are LED lights that just plug in if you aren't wanting to do any type of wiring. They may not look the best, but if you are just wanting light they would probably work and be a more warm light. That halogen is a pretty harsh bright light. I think I figured it out though...you just tricked your mom into buying you a halogen work light! Well played sir.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

I would definitely just do the permanent solution, it's worth the small time investment to not have to worry about it anymore. I wouldn't use the halogen because it will be annoying to deal with, too bright and will show up on your electric bill, not only by eating wall pixies but because it will warm up the area and cause the A/C to work harder...which will REALLY raise the electric bill.

yeah dude that seems like a huge safety hazard in the kitchen.not to mention your electric bill is gonna build up if you use it alot. Get something with LED at least. Do it right the first time mang and you will never worry bout it again.

• Like 1