Milwaukee vs DeWalt....

RickyMcGrath

21 hours ago, jeffmcmillan said:

There are so many asterisks on that page I thought for a moment the Dewalt trademark was for 20V MAX* instead of 20V MAX.  There are:

************************************ (36) total *

****************************** (30) point to a reference

******** (8) are doubled

****** (6) are the reference

**** (4) point from one reference to another

dewalt vs milwaukee.png

Hilariuos!!!!*

*terms and conditions apply

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Bremon said:

I'm not sure if the wall brackets are available in Canada yet either but they are coming. I'm counting on them for my workshop setup. 

After what I posted here during the 60v leak I haven't heard a single word about the wall brackets. I'm looking forward to pricing so I can decide if I'm going to do a rack in my trailer or not. 

Just an update, thought this was Milwaukee vs Dewalt worthy:

20v Max 6.0 drop in November. They are a bit bigger than a 5.0. I'm assuming because they use high discharge cells like the FlexVolt batteries. I'd bet money on them being a better price than Milwaukee crackhead pricing on the M18 6.0. 

• Like 1

Just an update, thought this was Milwaukee vs Dewalt worthy:

20v Max 6.0 drop in November. They are a bit bigger than a 5.0. I'm assuming because they use high discharge cells like the FlexVolt batteries. I'd bet money on them being a better price than Milwaukee crackhead pricing on the M18 6.0. 

That's interesting, let's see what price they put on it

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Interesting...It's not clear to me what the plan is here, I'd figure they'd abandon the 6ah 20v and make people buy the flexvolt so the groundwork is there for people to buy tools from both platforms. 

Only thing I can figure is they're going to drop prices for all 20v batteries to leave room to make it cheaper than the flexvolt, but that still doesn't make as much sense to me. 

Makes sense to me. Some people won't branch out into FlexVolt at all. Maybe someone else wants maximum runtime in their Tough System radio, where a FlexVolt battery won't fit. Some

people, like me, probably think it's crazy to stick a FlexVolt battery on the majority of tools: I don't want a 15 cell pack for most things if I can use 10 instead. I was a bit surprised yesterday at how large the FlexVolt packs are, and the 9.0 will be even bigger. I'm sure part of it is just keeping up with the Jones': every other color is doing it. I like that they are giving the end user more solutions and leaving it to us to decide what makes sense for our needs. I doubt we see a price drop. A 5.0 is $80-90 CAD FlexVolt is $115-200 depending on how and where you buy it. If this comes out at $100-120 I'll be both impressed and happy. I'll also laugh at Milwaukee. 

Interesting...It's not clear to me what the plan is here, I'd figure they'd abandon the 6ah 20v and make people buy the flexvolt so the groundwork is there for people to buy tools from both platforms. 

Only thing I can figure is they're going to drop prices for all 20v batteries to leave room to make it cheaper than the flexvolt, but that still doesn't make as much sense to me. 

Ya seems a tad redundant

Jimbo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

17 minutes ago, KnarlyCarl said:

So both the m18 9ah packs and the fkexvolt are 15 cell? But the fkexvolt is 20(18) volt is 6ah right? Seems like they could have easily made it a 20v max 9ah tho bc it has the same number of cells...?

The basic FlexVolt pack has 15 2.0 ah cells for the higher discharge rate. They are 18650.

The M18 9.0 is 15 3.0 18650. The 9.0 FlexVolt and 6.0 20v Max both use 3.0 cells but they are bigger form factor for higher discharge rate to avoid the issues Bosch had with their 6.0 being worse than a 5.0 when taxed heavily. I may be misremembering but I believe the 9.0 was the plan all along but was taking more time and they didn't want to delay the entire system so the basic 2.0/6.0 was the decided solution.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bremon said:

Until you see how ridiculous an 887 or even 996 looks with a FlexVolt pack hanging off its backside :P

Anyone who would put one on said tool would be a fool to do so in the first place. 2.0 is the only battery that should be on small, workhorse tools IMO. I can go decking all day with my 887 and 3 2.0ah batteries without the added weight and size of anything bigger. 

• Like 2