Thinking of buying the dcf887 !

Craigh9916

• 3 weeks later...

Quick question for 887 owners , does the 887 which I've bought take 25mm bits straight in the chuck ? I've seen some videos that look like people are using small bits straight in it and I didn't want to try incase I'm mistaken and they get stuck which I don't think they will as it does eject the bit holder so I'm sure it will pop them out anyway ? 

may I suggest getting the dcf887 instead of the dcf886 because I feel like the 3 speed functionality is a handy feature. you got mode 3 which is max torque, ipm's, and rpm's for the toughest of fasteners but you also got mode 2 and 1 for when you either don't need the max settings or when you need to be more careful on certain fasteners or materials.

• Like 1

I find the 887 chuck release to be superior to the 886 I have as well, it will literally throw the bit out without any resistance. 

I love the single hand bit release, now if more manufacturers would get the hint already!!!!!

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

• 4 weeks later...

Just an update on the 887 I bought , when I received it I commented on here how it wasn't as good as I thought it would be and how it was jumping out of screws as it wasn't impacting early enough and was such high rpm it didn't have the best control !
Well after 3 weeks of work it's changed totally it has bedded itself in and is a lot better , my work mate said his brushless makita was the same it took some bedding in !
So overall I'm now happier with it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Craigh9916 said:

Just an update on the 887 I bought , when I received it I commented on here how it wasn't as good as I thought it would be and how it was jumping out of screws as it wasn't impacting early enough and was such high rpm it didn't have the best control !
Well after 3 weeks of work it's changed totally it has bedded itself in and is a lot better , my work mate said his brushless makita was the same it took some bedding in !
So overall I'm now happier with it

That's pretty weird. Are you sure  it wasn't a bad bit? I hate Phillips head ....

On ‎7‎/‎26‎/‎2016 at 10:15 PM, JimboS1ice said:

Yea that stuff is incredibly durable, built like a tank

Jimbo

till the release mechanism for the chuck stops working properly and you gotta use vise grip pliers to get the bit out. Had this problem using the schools xrp impacts. They have been used so much that the chucks were getting worn and hard to pull. wd-40 wouldn't even help.

On ‎7‎/‎25‎/‎2016 at 2:54 PM, Craigh9916 said:

d4f2eaa842058ebb274702df200404e1.png

the picture looks like a dcf886. wonder why it was listed as an 887

10 hours ago, 2448jman said:

till the release mechanism for the chuck stops working properly and you gotta use vise grip pliers to get the bit out. Had this problem using the schools xrp impacts. They have been used so much that the chucks were getting worn and hard to pull. wd-40 wouldn't even help.

I've seen the snot beat out of some of those for a decade and never a single chuck fail.  Sometimes the bit would jam and you need to impact in reverse to break the bit free but the chuck release mechanism never jammed.

I've seen the snot beat out of some of those for a decade and never a single chuck fail.  Sometimes the bit would jam and you need to impact in reverse to break the bit free but the chuck release mechanism never jammed.

I've only had that problem when using cheap hex shank bits , I think the metal is soft and it twists slightly inside the chuck ?

• Like 1