Found some old pliers

Surfer (aka Nalu)

I was cleaning out the shop a little and came across these old pliers.

I've never heard of these brands but I'm really glad to see the made in usa stamp.

I plan on restoring these tools and probably dip some new handles on them.

If anyone out there knows a little more about these tool brands I'd love to hear more info about them.

Thanks for looking crew

a24507c35b3c1ab6dabd27ddcc9fbb33.jpg

ba03b8acf2591128629a466bdef67a30.jpg

9cb0a0d0476c3a96805d4b8e6a4c0e2b.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

• Like 5

I just watched a Jimmy Diresta video not long ago where he restored some hand tools. Pretty cool really, kind of makes me want to try it. Looking forward to seeing the finished product Nalu.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

• Like 2

I just watched a Jimmy Diresta video not long ago where he restored some hand tools. Pretty cool really, kind of makes me want to try it. Looking forward to seeing the finished product Nalu.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Hey Kruton, nice to hear from you man. I need to go check out that Diresta video for some tips

• Like 1

Those are sweet man. diamalloy are really good. get some wd 40 rust remover and it will help clean them right up without damaging the metal. Some 000 steel wool helps alot too.  Then you can Plastidip the handles and they will be comfy again.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Fazzman said:

Those are sweet man. diamalloy are really good. get some wd 40 rust remover and it will help clean them right up without damaging the metal. Some 000 steel wool helps alot too.  Then you can Plastidip the handles and they will be comfy again.

or Evapo-rust, right now it's $15 for a gallon: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00M0TLQ66

• Like 2

Thanks crew for all the tips. I read online that Distilled White Vinegar could be used to remove rust. I had some in the kitchen so I just used that. Left the pliers in a cup filled with vinegar overnight. Next day I came back and brushed them down with a wire brush and some rags. They have some pitting and the cutters are shot, but thats to be expected. I'm not entirely sure how to sharpen the cutters, I think I'll take a file to them though

• 3 months later...

The barcalo Buffalo brand is Buffalo the cheaper brand barcalo and was a generic brand in the 70's that eventually got bought out, a lot don't like them but I do. And the diamalloy are Diamond Calk Horseshoe company and a very fine brand still around but make horse ferrier tools and now are made over seas but in their hey day provided the adjustable wrenches, slip joint pliers, tongue and groove pliers and lines man pliers which you have for snap on then made them under the name blue point for a long time, they got bought out by a couple company's and finally to be owned by Cooper tools who own crescent which then used their patents for just crescent and until 90's did still make pliers and adj. wrenches but made them over seas. I love the Diamalloy tools and they can be tough to find.