Ryobi ETS1825 10in tablesaw

britinfrance

Hi,

I joined today - Can anyone help me out.

I had the capacitor burn out on my ETS1825 tablesaw and foolishly diconnected the switch and capacitor assemby without taking a photo first. After much trouble. particualarly with UK spares suppliers and managed to get one in France at a heck of a price. I have asked every so called spares supplier weeks ago, and have not had the courtesy of a reply. You will appreciate, I don't want to risk frying the new part by connecting up incorrectly. Anyone got one of these tablesaws and can give me some guidance pleeeeeeze? Thanks in advance for any help. BTW have searched the web already.

britinfrance

Have already tried your suggestions - exploded drawings show the parts, but not the wiring. All those I have approached have not even replied which I think is unprofessional and they are unlikely to get any business from me. My last ditch stand will be to connect up the old capacitor and switch and see if it reverts to the stuttering start I used to get and if that is the case, then I will know I am on the right track - assuming I don;t fry it in the process. It beats me that such a simple thing on the face of it has proved impossible to find. Hoping someone out there has the same machine can look at theirs and get back to me.........fingers crossed!

• 4 weeks later...
11 hours ago, britinfrance said:

Further to my post, here are pics of the wiring of my table saw Helppppppppppppppppp please

Oh boy, desperate call for help from across the pond where the saw wiring would be vastly different anyways, even if someone were to have a similar saw..... 

You are 220 volt yes? 

If I were to guess, I would say the three wires in one side would correspond to the three wires on the other side of the switch of the same color. I would then turn the machine on and if anything it would blow a fuse, or it wouldn't start, in which case shut it back of immediately to prevent any damage

Welcome to the forum dude. Sorry about your problems with the saw but the responses you are getting from these guys are from a different part of the work and when I researched your saw (yup, I did!) the only thing I can come up with is the US version which by the way, I used to own. 

http://www.toolpartsdirect.com/ryobi-rts31-10-table-saw-with-wheeled-stand.html

This probably will not help but I'd try contacting Ryobi directly via your own Cou tries direct method. Sorry I couldn't help dude. Any chance you can buy the entire wiring assembly as a single unit?