Is This Worth $1200 Used

comp56

Comp, you guys get boned on Festool in Canada so $1200 seems pretty high for used. I would add, if the tools are newer they are still covered by the warranty which is phenomenal and those two tools are Cadillac tools that will take a serious beating for many years and give you incredible results. I run the TS55REQ which is the newer model of that saw and the Midi and could not be more satisfied. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, ChrisK said:

Comp, you guys get boned on Festool in Canada so $1200 seems pretty high for used. I would add, if the tools are newer they are still covered by the warranty which is phenomenal and those two tools are Cadillac tools that will take a serious beating for many years and give you incredible results. I run the TS55REQ which is the newer model of that saw and the Midi and could not be more satisfied. 

thats why I asked didn't even realize it was an older model...ya $1200 is a bit much for used for me too.....thanks....

1 minute ago, comp56 said:

thats why I asked didn't even realize it was an older model...ya $1200 is a bit much for used for me too.....thanks....

Yeah, you want the REQ model Comp. not too many differences but it's a great machine and the controls are slightly improved.

Just now, ChrisK said:

Come to think on it, that might benefit you for a shake on the price. They haven't made that model for several years! He might just be a hobbyist and the machine may have been sitting for years.

well he actually claims it hasn't been used for some time, was his father-in laws and he became ill so you could very well be right on the money because it looks mint

Just now, comp56 said:

well he actually claims it hasn't been used for some time, was his father-in laws and he became ill so you could very well be right on the money because it looks mint

You know considering that, I'd give the tool a shot. At a lower price. Maybe a k and save a couple of hundred but give the tool a try with the DC hooked up. That way you can make sure everything is operating okay. There may be a missing dust cover insert on the machine (clear plastic, I'm not sure of its on the older model) so don't hold that against it if you see some dust coming out of the opening, just place a piece of painters tape and that should seal the blade in the housing and give you clean line of site. Plus that will tell you if the rail is still straight. Another thing to check is run the clamps in the clamp rails and make sure the rail isn't warped.  Check over the filter in the 26, they now make a long life bag too so you won't have to get filter bags. It does come with a hose too? 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, JimboS1ice said:

I can smell the green paint mixing...

Jimbo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

well don't kid yourself there won't be a red paint sale....lol

• Like 1

yup. Mafell is red :)

If you find a Mafell and a DC unit for $1200.....I don't care if it's in upstate, down East, East bomb fu#% Canada in the base,net of some axe murdering free state jihadist nut job, let me know! I'll be first in line :D

• Like 2