Milwaukee Fuel 1" SDS Hammer

JimboS1ice

Nice video Jimbo! Rotary hammers are one of those tools that are on my radar but I would have a hell of a time justifying until I run into a specific project. I've spent some time browsing and the 2712 and 2715 seem awfully similar. I don't have enough experience with concrete drilling to know which makes more sense, but the 2715 has more shock absorption, harder blows, bigger capacity, and only weighs about 11oz more. So about 10% heavier without a battery, and slightly more expensive, but more capability. What are your thoughts?

I have this one. It's pretty sweet! Also 5 corded - 2 SDS, 1 spline and 2 SDS-Max. With this one, now only the large corded get used. Those and my PVC hot box are the only things I need a cord for nowadays, work-wise.

Fuel SDS Box3.jpg

• Like 2

Nice video Jimbo! Rotary hammers are one of those tools that are on my radar but I would have a hell of a time justifying until I run into a specific project. I've spent some time browsing and the 2712 and 2715 seem awfully similar. I don't have enough experience with concrete drilling to know which makes more sense, but the 2715 has more shock absorption, harder blows, bigger capacity, and only weighs about 11oz more. So about 10% heavier without a battery, and slightly more expensive, but more capability. What are your thoughts?

Are you ever going to drill something 1 1/8" or even an inch? And in terms of chipping you'll still get the job done, the 2715 is their newer model rated for the extra 1/8" of holes. Comes down to price really, I got a screaming deal from@sevenoddosfence and I couldn't pass this one up but it has plenty of power. Eventually I'd like a corded sds max for just demo work, I've eyes a few Makita demo hammers at a decent buck but for cordless this little guy rocks

Jimbo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Bremon said:

No idea lol. Probably not. I realistically don't need multiple drills and circular saws etc. either but here we are, posting daily on a tool forum :P

HAHA yeah you can say that again!

Good video jimbo, too bad I can't remove the hammer drill function from my drills to make them a little lighter, because I will never be using that part of the drill since I've had my 2712. 

I think everyone should be able to experience a rotary hammer, I've talked to guys that say they're fine using a hammer drill to put in hundreds of tapcons... but they are the same guys that have never used a rotary hammer, what do they know

3 hours ago, Bremon said:

The capacity listed is really the max you can do without a lot of trouble.  Remember milwaukee demoed the yet to materialize 1-9/16 cordless hammer with a 3/4 bit which is less than half the size.  Even though theres only a 12% increaze in bit diameter thats a 25% increase in hole area and the hammer has nearly double the impact energy.

Running an underpowered rotary hammer is miserable.

• 4 weeks later...

Yes, I agree. If memory serves we rented a corded Bosch the last time we needed to do a pile of holes in a slab.

After watching more reviews of brushless rotary hammers I remembered this thread lol. Jimbo, I'm pretty sure the 2715 isn't newer than the 2712. Maybe in terms of release date by a short bit, but I'm pretty sure my usual supplier had them at the same time, and they were unveiled at the same Milwaukee NPS.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 8/6/2016 at 4:48 PM, sparky603 said:

I have this one. It's pretty sweet! Also 5 corded - 2 SDS, 1 spline and 2 SDS-Max. With this one, now only the large corded get used. Those and my PVC hot box are the only things I need a cord for nowadays, work-wise.

Fuel SDS Box3.jpg

I just picked up one of these, same tool only, from my local HD today for $79!

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, JoshCheney said:

I just picked up one of these, same tool only, from my local HD today for $79!

Nice price!!

I have the compact version of that, the 2712 (do they call it L shaped/handle??) Anyways, I didn't get mine that cheap, is the D handle usually cheaper? 

Just now, KnarlyCarl said:

Nice price!!

I have the compact version of that, the 2712 (do they call it L shaped/handle??) Anyways, I didn't get mine that cheap, is the D handle usually cheaper? 

Not sure, but this one, 2713 retails at the other stores and online for $279. I think somebody messed up putting it on the clearance rack. I also got a 2757 1/4" one key impact for only $45, reg price on it is $179. I'm pretty sure some sap screwed up and big time. I went to another store to see if they were clearancing as well but they were still at reg price.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/6/2016 at 3:39 PM, Bremon said:

I have the 2715 and it is a great machine The extra power is nice for chipping and demo as it has more power than many corded versions. 

• Like 1

I have the 2715 and it is a great machine The extra power is nice for chipping and demo as it has more power than many corded versions. 

The 2712 was a decent little RHD, I didn't mind it at all. It was a little heavy and the balance was off. I wished at the time, that I splurged for the 2715. The 2712 was just a brushless version of the older 2612. The 2715 has a better design imo. That said, the D handle designs are tried and true, and usually cheaper. They tend to have slightly more impact energy as they are inline and not geared at a 90 degree angle.(compared to a similarly priced drop style, obviously!)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Not sure, but this one, 2713 retails at the other stores and online for $279. I think somebody messed up putting it on the clearance rack. I also got a 2757 1/4" one key impact for only $45, reg price on it is $179. I'm pretty sure some sap screwed up and big time. I went to another store to see if they were clearancing as well but they were still at reg price.

I'd be goin back in there and checking if they keep messing up, that's some good deals.

I've had the d handle drill since they came out and that's all we use anymore. Don't even think we've taken our corded Bosch out of the job trailer since I picked up the 2713.

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk