Plaque

LarryS

Some of us guys usually go to Drummond Island, Michigan to do some perch fishing in the fall.

I had the biggest perch last year and got some lottery tickets but didn't do very well on the scratch offs.

So this year I have to buy the lottery ticket and I thought I would make up and cut out this plaque for the biggest perch caught also.  

Fishing Plaque (1024x768).jpg

• Like 5

Nice work Larry. That's a pretty cool idea. You guys just gonna sign it for the year you won it and pass it around to the new winner each year or make a new one each time. Might be a really cool time capsule type piece if it was a travelling trophy.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

• Like 1

8 hours ago, kruton said:

Nice work Larry. That's a pretty cool idea. You guys just gonna sign it for the year you won it and pass it around to the new winner each year or make a new one each time. Might be a really cool time capsule type piece if it was a travelling trophy.

I doubt that I'll make one every year. Other than my son. The other guys don't know that I've made the plaque yet. 

If the winner wants to make it a traveling trophy? That's fine with me.

49 minutes ago, KnarlyCarl said:

Nice! Is there a backer board to create the "silhouette"? Or is that part of the board itself you painted?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

It is two pieces of wood. The back piece is painted black.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, WigWagWorkshop said:

You Sir, are a master for sure. I really like projects like this, that use a backing plate, it really makes it stand out.

Thank you.

I really enjoyed laying it out and cutting it.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, kruton said:

Now I want a scroll saw!

It's one of the tools, that is very relaxing. There are so many different types of projects you can do, puzzles, signs, ornaments, toys, and many others.  And one big bonus, you don't have to worry about cutting a finger off.

• Like 2