Concrete Drilling

JimboS1ice

Jimbo! You're working way too hard on your 2712 SDS rotary hammer drill lol just push the bit in and turn it a little in the chuck and it will click right into place, don't even think about pulling back on the collar until you remove the bit LOL!!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, KnarlyCarl said:

Jimbo! You're working way too hard on your 2712 SDS rotary hammer drill lol just push the bit in and turn it a little in the chuck and it will click right into place, don't even think about pulling back on the collar until you remove the bit LOL!!

Lol I was just getting good doing it that way too!

On August 24, 2016 at 5:34 AM, dwain said:

can the impact driver go anywhere close to keeping up with the M18 hammer drill with same bit size?

Since we are on the subject of concrete, I watched the OTT videos on the 1" Fuel SDS and the Dewalt XR. Did you and Mike come away from those with a preference between the two or are they much the same?

We reviewed them too far apart to say really. From someone elses comparison (Coptool maybe)? I think the Milwaukee is more powerful, Dewalt has longer runtime.

Both were nice to use, Dewalt definitely smaller.

• Like 1

Thanks Dwain, yes, from what I can find for paper specs the Dewalt is smaller and lighter, while the Milwaukee is more powerful. Hard to choose, though Milwaukee has a larger lineup of rotary hammers, both have an SDS Max coming. I don't know which company has a stronger history of concrete drilling; when I think concrete I usually think Bosch, maybe Makita. 

Trouble is, Hilti think they're good at other stuff too [emoji6]

Careful!

My Hilti impact destroys my old M18 fuel, and the SF10W18A drill is a monster.

The recip saw is good (I think it's a rebranded makita), the angle grinder is awesome, the circular saw is extremely well built.

The hammer drill and dust extractor are ridiculous. I had the Fuel 1" prior, and although the rated impact energy is a little higher than the Hilti, it wasn't as good.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Careful!

My Hilti impact destroys my old M18 fuel, and the SF10W18A drill is a monster.

The recip saw is good (I think it's a rebranded makita), the angle grinder is awesome, the circular saw is extremely well built.

The hammer drill and dust extractor are ridiculous. I had the Fuel 1" prior, and although the rated impact energy is a little higher than the Hilti, it wasn't as good.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'd love to have that 4 speed drop thing is a fricken battleship

Jimbo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1