Bosch Reaxx Saw is done in the USA Judge finds it infringes on Patents

DR99

Just now, ChrisK said:

I have actually never heard of that before. Thanks for the link!

I like how whirlwind is bringing flesh technology to tools other than tablesaws. I think all tools need some kind of safety measure to prevent harm to the user. It doesn't gotta be flesh sensing or as fancy as say SawStop or Reaxx. Theres always going to be a chance where a user gets in a rush and forgets to use proper use of tool and/or use proper safety measures and looses a finger or gets hurt in some other way. 

• Like 1

On 9/17/2016 at 0:36 PM, ChrisK said:

I have actually never heard of that before. Thanks for the link!

I've known of whirlwind for a while. It looks like really great tech but he's been trying to license it for years now and no one is biting. My guess is that the big players operate on such thin margins that they'd rather spend the $$$ on their own R&D than have an ongoing licensing cost (capex vs oppex for those on the business end of finance). 

Its to a real shame because it looks like A great idea. I just wish someone would buy it up and package it as an add on so you don't have to spend 3 grand on a sawstop to be safe. 

• Like 1