Time change

KnarlyCarl

funny, I live in Thunder Bay, prior to 1970 it was 2 cities side by side, Port Arthur and Fort William..... Fort William did not change so you could go to the other side of town and drink in the bars for an extra hour for part of the year....lol

• Like 6

It's soo damn stupid. I don't get it, there's no reason to do it anymore. Not to mention it creates confusion and the fact that the amount of sunlight changes already because of the angle of the Earth to the sun...why exaggerate the effects? It makes it virtually impossible to get anything done after work now, I guess I can buy a few of the Milwaukee lights to get me by but using sunlight was a hell of a lot cheaper.

It's not going to be fun changing my brakes in the dark this week.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Stercorarius said:

Before anyone starts pointing fingers...Screenshot_2016-11-04-07-40-33.png

Just because it's called international punch a farmer in the dick day doesn't mean you should........... unless they get to run nicer equipment than me then go right ahead.

I was under the impression that farmers were used as an added benefit to it similar to aiding school children walking to school and summer vacation. BUT the real reason was for energy saving for artificial light. Which is pointless now because we're a nation that is moving 24-hours a day. Lighting is also more efficient than it has been ever before. It's time to end this stupid practice.

It's also dumb that most places force bars to close at 2am. I'm not fond of it because I'm used to bars closing at 3am in Tampa but that's for another rant.

• Like 3

funny, I live in Thunder Bay, prior to 1970 it was 2 cities side by side, Port Arthur and Fort William..... Fort William did not change so you could go to the other side of town and drink in the bars for an extra hour for part of the year....lol

From the Wayland to the Sleezy G...

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

The time after fall back and before spring forward time changes or standard time is +/- 0 hours. The time after spring forward and before fall back or daylight savings time is +1 hour. Removing daylight savings time would make it dark early all year round. Maybe it would be better to have daylight saving all year round?

14 hours ago, BMack37 said:

I was under the impression that farmers were used as an added benefit to it similar to aiding school children walking to school and summer vacation. BUT the real reason was for energy saving for artificial light. Which is pointless now because we're a nation that is moving 24-hours a day. Lighting is also more efficient than it has been ever before. It's time to end this stupid practice.

It's also dumb that most places force bars to close at 2am. I'm not fond of it because I'm used to bars closing at 3am in Tampa but that's for another rant.

That's why back in the day, when bars closed at 2am in Wisconsin, we would head to Chicago, were the bars closed after 5am. Then back to Wisconsin where bars opened at 6am LOL.

Please Note: this was a long long time ago, things were different back then.

• Like 3