Dewalt push mower

Logan

If you think about it though, the majority of Dewalt owners will be invested in the 20max line, and Flexvolt owners will be in the minority. Not to mention that you might be able to mount flexvolt batteries on this unit. From a marketing view, I would produce this unit first as well.

5 minutes ago, Grumpy MSG said:

You realize you are in violation of your agreement with DeWALT when you share that screen shot. For folks who don't know, some people are invited to participate in the Insights program, they get to see and offer input on some of the things that DeWALT is considering manufacturing.  

That could be anyone's screenshot. 

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, Grumpy MSG said:

You realize you are in violation of your agreement with DeWALT when you share that screen shot. For folks who don't know, some people are invited to participate in the Insights program, they get to see and offer input on some of the things that DeWALT is considering manufacturing.  

Not my screen shot 

• Like 2

Just a thought, but they took 20 V to 60 V… Why not take 40 V 120 V? 2x 40v packs would give you a TON of juice and power.... sure it'll weigh a ton and a half but it's on wheels already... I'm imagining a new mobile power station to run the welder off of!  Or maybe a whole Job trailer… Just kidding..,. For now…

43 minutes ago, dilloncorr said:

Just a thought, but they took 20 V to 60 V… Why not take 40 V 120 V? 2x 40v packs would give you a TON of juice and power.... sure it'll weigh a ton and a half but it's on wheels already... I'm imagining a new mobile power station to run the welder off of!  Or maybe a whole Job trailer… Just kidding..,. For now…

They have achieved that with the flex volt, they have a power bank with 4 batteries to get to 120 to run tools off of, doubt you can run a welder but its a start, their big miter is a 120v on 2 flex packs

1 hour ago, dilloncorr said:

Yes, like Hugh said, they have a DeWalt cordless welder, forgot who makes it for them

5 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

But ironically enough there's this posted just 4 hrs ago: 

Yes!! Saw that, pretty sick!

2 hours ago, KnarlyCarl said:

Yes, like Hugh said, they have a DeWalt cordless welder, forgot who makes it for them

Yes!! Saw that, pretty sick!

I know there's a cordless welder, and the power station. I just can't help but think there's no reason not to turn the 40v into "flex-max" or something like that. Instead of a 2AH 60V it could be a 2AH 120v... or more! Same principle as the Flexvolt but starting with bigger batteries with bigger cells. Multiple sets of series cells in parallel. Like the backpack blower on crack. To me, in this case, the limiting factor would be size... a 15 lb battery would make a hand operated tool a bit unwieldy. On The other hand, a mower that could have two or three of these would have a TON of power and run time. Bigger stuff like mowers, air compressors, a welder, 42" fan, negative air machine, etc. that are already on wheels might really be feasible. Maybe even getting a 30-60lb breaker? Not sure, I'd have to look into the power draw of the different items. 

6 hours ago, JimboS1ice said:

yea i saw that on IG, forgot about the welder too it aint cheap!

Not cheap at all; On clearance at CPO $2970 - $200 on the current sale until the 16th. Plus another 11% off for the next day or so.

http://www.cpooutlets.com/dewalt-dcw100k-portable-stick-and-tig-welder-kit/dewndcw100k,default,pd.html

Shows a list price of $4500... Meh. Not sure how accurate list prices are these days, but that's a lot of jack for a small welder. Stick welder at that. TIG option on this is pretty much useless as Dewalt has zero information on accessories and availability, and the manual is of little use as well.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, dilloncorr said:

I know there's a cordless welder, and the power station. I just can't help but think there's no reason not to turn the 40v into "flex-max" or something like that. Instead of a 2AH 60V it could be a 2AH 120v... or more! Same principle as the Flexvolt but starting with bigger batteries with bigger cells. Multiple sets of series cells in parallel. Like the backpack blower on crack. To me, in this case, the limiting factor would be size... a 15 lb battery would make a hand operated tool a bit unwieldy. On The other hand, a mower that could have two or three of these would have a TON of power and run time. Bigger stuff like mowers, air compressors, a welder, 42" fan, negative air machine, etc. that are already on wheels might really be feasible. Maybe even getting a 30-60lb breaker? Not sure, I'd have to look into the power draw of the different items. 

Well in this case, strap the portable power generator on your back and anything becomes ”cordless"! You could grab a corded saw, plug it in your pack, then grab your corded leaf blower and clear the dust off the driveway, then your corded edger and go along the driveway because your noticed the edge getting a little hairy while you were blowing it off, then your corded hedge trimmer for the bushes around the house. Your truck needs vacuumed out, just grab your wife's vacuum with a hose attachment, plug it in your back LOL!!! They already have back pack power for ego ope... But this is one step further, corded tools are cheap, all you need is the DeWalt power bank on your back, 4 batteries and you can run anything 115v from it. Compared to getting all cordless tools, this option is the cheap route! hahahah

• Like 1