Dewalt push mower

Logan

45 minutes ago, albert.amantea said:

Guys, one limitation you may not be aware is that the DeWalt Flexvolt packs can be air shipped due to their 20v 6ah rating. The higher rated packs such as Milwaukee's 9.0ah pack cannot. They must be ground shipped.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Correct, DeWalt puts in a special shipping clip that disengages part of the battery..... Not exactly sure how the mechanism works, but I understand the concept

• Like 1

Correct, DeWalt puts in a special shipping clip that disengages part of the battery..... Not exactly sure how the mechanism works, but I understand the concept

Actually, the pack defaults to 20v 6ah mode, allowing it to be shipped. There are 2 tabs internally that must be depressed, and an electronic signature, before the pack goes to 60v mode.
The shipping clip is simply a cover to protect against short circuit, same as anyone else's packs.

38 minutes ago, albert.amantea said:

Actually, the pack defaults to 20v 6ah mode, allowing it to be shipped. There are 2 tabs internally that must be depressed, and an electronic signature, before the pack goes to 60v mode.
The shipping clip is simply a cover to protect against short circuit, same as anyone else's packs.

it does default to 20v 6ah but the restriction on air shipment is for a certain watt-hour amount and so the clip actually causes a mechanical disconnect between some of the banks of cells giving you separate lower amp hour batteries that are within the limit.

3 hours ago, Bremon said:

Lol at using 40v max packs to get to 120. Just use two 3.0/9.0 FlexVolt packs. People already complain about two batteries, 3 would be pathetic. Basically the niche the power station fills. 

20-> 60

40-> 120

so you can have two 40v batteries totaling 4ah (or higher) of 120, or two 60v batteries totaling 2 ah of 120.

plus you can put bigger cells in a bigger battery.

id say if this were being read by Dewalt they'd mark my idea off the storyboard!

4 hours ago, dilloncorr said:

20-> 60

40-> 120

so you can have two 40v batteries totaling 4ah (or higher) of 120, or two 60v batteries totaling 2 ah of 120.

plus you can put bigger cells in a bigger battery.

id say if this were being read by Dewalt they'd mark my idea off the storyboard!

Like FlexVolt? You want 30 cell batteries or what? How does 2x 40v Max get you to 120?

The FlexVolt 3.0/9.0 and 20v Max 6.0 are "bigger batteries" literally and figuratively.

1 hour ago, albert.amantea said:

Not exactly.

It all depends on the requirements of the task at hand. I use 20v all day long as a pro user. So do a lot of tradesmen.

20v Max all day for tradesmen with the likes of drills, saws, etc. A lawnmower blade is a fair size, and long grass can be a decent load on a motor. 2x 20v Max probably doesn't get a pro the power or runtime he wants. Look at 2 20v Max batteries compared to an Ego battery. 

A little ridiculous that this isn't 40V like the rest of their OPE line. Hopefully, Dewalt comes out with a parallel offering that uses either single or dual 40V batteries. There are places that just aren't practical for my riding mower to go. I am starting to get worried that I invested heavily in a platform that won't get developed well. 

8 hours ago, Sarbatche said:

A little ridiculous that this isn't 40V like the rest of their OPE line. Hopefully, Dewalt comes out with a parallel offering that uses either single or dual 40V batteries. There are places that just aren't practical for my riding mower to go. I am starting to get worried that I invested heavily in a platform that won't get developed well. 

You probably won't need it until April at this point. I would guess if you think about it, coming out with a 2 X 20V, covers the more popular battery platform. they could also use a different battery mount and 95% of the same mower and use a 40V battery. 

It would be like the 20V MAX to 18V NiCad adapter. Different battery in the same tool. That six pack charger should offer you hope that they are going to continue to add to the line. 

• Like 2