Has Anyone been in Contact with Conductor562

comp56

Hey guys. Man I miss you guys. As some of you know, I had a pretty rough go for a stretch. 

I'll spare everyone the the boring details, but long story short, things in my neck of the woods kinda fell apart. Eventually I fell into untreated depression. I neglected myself to the point I became physically ill. Nerve pain, throwing up, couldn't get out of bed, and so on. My family stepped up and forced me to see a Doctor. I had dropped to 140 pounds, was only taking in 400-500 calories a day, and my traditionally perfect blood pressure had dropped to 80/45. They basically gave me the option to get myself straightened out or not live to see next Christmas. 

I took the medication for awhile, but I couldn't handle the way it made me feel. I'm doing good now. Now that I understand the problem, I've learned to deal with it. I'm starting to get back to my normal life and slowly starting to put weight back on. My situation isn't much better, but my outlook is. 

I have to admit, finally getting over the hump and posting here again feels pretty good. 

• Like 14

29 minutes ago, Conductor562 said:

Hey guys. Man I miss you guys. As some of you know, I had a pretty rough go for a stretch. 

I'll spare everyone the the boring details, but long story short, things in my neck of the woods kinda fell apart. Eventually I fell into untreated depression. I neglected myself to the point I became physically ill. Nerve pain, throwing up, couldn't get out of bed, and so on. My family stepped up and forced me to see a Doctor. I had dropped to 140 pounds, was only taking in 400-500 calories a day, and my traditionally perfect blood pressure had dropped to 80/45. They basically gave me the option to get myself straightened out or not live to see next Christmas. 

I took the medication for awhile, but I couldn't handle the way it made me feel. I'm doing good now. Now that I understand the problem, I've learned to deal with it. I'm starting to get back to my normal life and slowly starting to put weight back on. My situation isn't much better, but my outlook is. 

I have to admit, finally getting over the hump and posting here again feels pretty good. 

My friend, we are here for you. We're a great distraction and great shoulders to lean on. There's a chatroom tab up top that we need to start using again. A lot of us are also on Instagram sharing pics and posting contests too.

Dang Travis, sorry to hear about the time you've been having! Depression is a killer and is so much more common than the average person realises.

The forum hasn't been the same without you. Having said that, I'm sure we all only want you continue to participate if its healthy for you! 

Say it's not so! I don't know you so much from here on much of a personal level, but I've read your contributions enough to appreciate the detail you include in your observations.... I now know how to disassemble a ratchet in my sleep!!??

Dwain, you're right about that, it was only after meeting my wife who has to deal with it that I came to realize such a statement.  Now I feel above average!?

5 hours ago, Conductor562 said:

Glad to see you back Travis. If you need anything shoot me a pm! 

good to see you back, you my friend are one of the main reasons I joined the forum many many moons ago........BTW if you just want to get away I'm only minutes away from the border and have spare rooms.....

• Like 1