DCL050 Dewalt Area Light

Justin Hernandez

Does anyone have the DCL050 Dewalt Area Light, if so what are the cons if any. How has the pivoting head held up and will this work well in an attic . Has the hook held up and can it be hung by a 2x4. I will probably be purchasing it this week unless you guys don't recommend it. ANy help is much appreciated, Thanks guys!!!  

dewalt light.jpg

• Like 5

One of the best stick lights out there! Great light output, the hinge seems like it could be stiffer though, the hook is good just wish there were other mourning options but overall if you have 20v max this lights a must

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3

The only con like Jimbo said is the hinge could b a lil stiffer but other than that amazing light just yesterday with all the high winds we've been having my aunt came last night to barrow a light I lent her this one since I have about 3 of them and today she was ordering one on amazon great lights dude definitely one to recommend 

• Like 1

So yea :)  Thanks again guys!! I'm pretty sure I would have bought it even if it didn't have the TIA crew approval just because its yellow..lol For some reason I was expecting it to be a little brighter but 500 lumens is 500 lumens. I just bought it this morning so I haven't used it yet so I guess time will tell I will be in an attic on Saturday. I'm hoping theirs no lights in the attic so I can use this :lol:

IMAG2495.jpg

IMAG2496.jpg

• Like 4

So yea [emoji4]  Thanks again guys!! I'm pretty sure I would have bought it even if it didn't have the TIA crew approval just because its yellow..lol For some reason I was expecting it to be a little brighter but 500 lumens is 500 lumens. I just bought it this morning so I haven't used it yet so I guess time will tell I will be in an attic on Saturday. I'm hoping theirs no lights in the attic so I can use this :lol:

IMAG2495.jpg

IMAG2496.jpg

Maybe they'll update their light, if that thing had 30% more output well it would be even better

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

On 12/8/2016 at 4:04 PM, Justin Hernandez said:

So yea :)  Thanks again guys!! I'm pretty sure I would have bought it even if it didn't have the TIA crew approval just because its yellow..lol For some reason I was expecting it to be a little brighter but 500 lumens is 500 lumens. I just bought it this morning so I haven't used it yet so I guess time will tell I will be in an attic on Saturday. I'm hoping theirs no lights in the attic so I can use this :lol:

IMAG2495.jpg

IMAG2496.jpg

I used mine quite a bit in electrical rooms and under a lot of trucks and engine compartments and maintenance hatches and on winter nights and you get the idea of this grammatically atrocious sentence. It seemed to always be bright enough for close quarters work.

• Like 3

I used mine quite a bit in electrical rooms and under a lot of trucks and engine compartments and maintenance hatches and on winter nights and you get the idea of this grammatically atrocious sentence. It seemed to always be bright enough for close quarters work.

Close quarters I usually had it on low

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I used it today for the first time in its new home, the attic..lol Don't know if I could give it five stars but its nice it could be brighter and the hinge is loose. But I am super picky when it comes to tools, so my review probably won't matter. Its hard to see in this picture but the insulation is charred as well as the insulation on those white 14-2 romex's. The new yellow 12-2 is were the fire started and melted that wire, which I had to cut out the brunt section and splice it. An A/c contractor started a fire in the attic when installing a horizontal fan coil in the ceiling. If you zoom in you can see it better, I like how this had to happen in the lowest part of the attic..lol 

IMAG2500.jpg

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, Jronman said:

is the light brushless?

Only on the transverse drive motor for the lumen spindles. They use a four pole brushed motor for the axial LED preloading as it has more low end torque, giving it 25% more joules at startup over competitors* offerings.

*CoughMilwaukeecough

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Stercorarius said:

Only on the transverse drive motor for the lumen spindles. They use a four pole brushed motor for the axial LED preloading as it has more low end torque, giving it 25% more joules at startup over competitors* offerings.

*CoughMilwaukeecough

??? Nice, I think another 7x more crunch resistance could be thrown in there as well, whatever that means... 

The axial transverse flow only comes into play when it warms up beyond its parallel pattern discharge efficiency

• Like 1

3 hours ago, KnarlyCarl said:

Far more affordable? That sucks lol was looking at getting the m18

The m18 is currently on sale for $60 at Home Depot. I have one and I love it. http://m.homedepot.com/p/Milwaukee-M18-18-Volt-Lithium-Ion-Cordless-LED-Stick-Light-Tool-Only-2352-20/205410872

• Like 2