Dewalt 12 Volt

RickyMcGrath

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that we are going to see quite a few new 12v automotive products from DeWalt in the near future. Dewalt12volt.com is a new site that is coming and if we peek at the partner companies, there is Stanley12volt.com and blackanddecker12volt.com. Both sites have quite a few products in their respective lines and with the new DeWalt Jump boxes and battery chargers that we already know are hitting the shelves, I can foresee other products coming as well similar to what Stanley and Black & Decker already have.  

• Like 2

do they use the 12 volt batteries? (the ones dewalt has quietly pushed to the side)

I wouldn't say they've pushed them to the side. The lasers are still using 12v platform as well as all their diagnostic tools. Maybe we will see some movement with the 12v Max line after Flexvolt cools off a little.

Yeah Ricky is right, they haven't pushed them to the side. They have, however, taken them down to a basement, pushed a bookshelf out of the way that hides a door no one knew exists, and locked them in a cellar and left them to rot. Lasers don't show me that the line is anything more than an afterthought, especially when said lasers are moving to 20v Max. I'll be happy to be proven wrong at this year's media event. 

• Like 4

I started in dewalt buying every 12v tool available . ..then...............................crickets.......................love the grip and size...but that was it..noore tools..i have a few m12 fuel tools ...they are powerful ,just dont love the grip....id buy more dewalt12v if they expanded the line....also its a good size to teach my 6yr old grandson on...........Question ,,does dewalt make a higher capacity battery for the 12v line like M12 4ah ? 

• Like 2

I started in dewalt buying every 12v tool available . ..then...............................crickets.......................love the grip and size...but that was it..noore tools..i have a few m12 fuel tools ...they are powerful ,just dont love the grip....id buy more dewalt12v if they expanded the line....also its a good size to teach my 6yr old grandson on...........Question ,,does dewalt make a higher capacity battery for the 12v line like M12 4ah ? 

Either 1.5 or 2.0 no big packs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ya thought so...i have black ones then i upgraded to 12v xr..yellow/black...love the grip

Ya it's a shame their 12v line didn't materialize into anything until the makita CXT line came out this year they had the most appealing grip but why beat a dead horse? Lol

I started buying 12V because of the compatibility with the 20V chargers but have since moved to M12 due to the Fuel line....I agree I like the Dewalt grip better but I don't mind the Fuel grips.

I actually prefer a girthier grip with my meat paws

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

depends on your hand size as well, I have a fair sized hand so I don't might .....in saying that m12 and m18 have the forward and reverse switches in a good place but at times I hit them when not wanting to........

depends on your hand size as well, I have a fair sized hand so I don't might .....in saying that m12 and m18 have the forward and reverse switches in a good place but at times I hit them when not wanting to........

I have that problem with the new sub compact makita stuff

It's not subtle. It's blatant. If you pay attention popular items from the 12v line are moving to 20v. Maybe this year's event will have a 12v blowout but I find it increasingly likely that 20v Max will be the line positioned towards compactness while FlexVolt pursues raw power. 

• Like 1