Favorite sawzall blade

CATERPILLAR

9 hours ago, JimboS1ice said:

im not a fan of the non-carbide diablos, the new axe is a terror, thing just lasts forever through all sorts of crazy tasks

I try to use carbide when I can(almost always), it's just better...it' worth the premium on speed and longevity.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Conductor562 said:

The Diablo Carbide blades are top of the market IMO, but a fellow would have to be doing a good bit of metal cutting to justify the price.

I have a few of the carbide tipped ones.

They are nice but not cost effective. I ususally buy sets of blades on clearance. There are times you can get a whole set for the price of two carbide ones. I may have to change the blade once or twice but no big deal. 

I really like the new AX Carbide blades. Milwaukee sent me one to test out and it did a great job. So I'm probably going to stick with them for anything nail embedded. The Diablo Carbide blades are nice and cut just as well as the new AX but I don't trust the comparison tests they were showing at STAFDA this year. It kind of soured me on them. I love their circular saw blades and that's all I will run on my saws after the blade that came with it is toast.

I was not a fan of the Lenox Good Demolition blade I tried. It was so slow and really cause the Sawzall to vibrate.

The Milwaukee Torch blades are my favorite for metal. They cut through aluminum like it wasn't even there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On Thursday, December 22, 2016 at 8:12 PM, Jronman said:

If you take the question literally then my only option is Milwaukee blades but because any recip is included with the term "sawzall" I have other options. It just so happens of the blades I have used Milwaukee has been the best. I have yet to do extensive work with my Lenox blades so I can't include them in my options. 

Lol that's what I call all recip saws ?

1 hour ago, Jronman said:

Sometimes I feel like people get diablo blades cause its a diablo. Could this be true? Are they as good as people say they are?

I'll be one of the first to admit they're not as magical as we pretend, but for consistent quality at a reasonable price and excellent availability they blow everything else away.  It's not that they're the best cutting blade, just the best combination of everything for circular blades and abrasives too not just sawzall blades.

• Like 1

Sometimes I feel like people get diablo blades cause its a diablo. Could this be true? Are they as good as people say they are?

The carbide are great but non carbide I don't think are that great, I'd rather have a Milwaukee

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

The Diablo $1 blade deals can't be beat but those blades are nothing special IMO. I love their Carbide blades, though I haven't really used the Ax Carbide blade I have. I really like the hackzall blades, they're great for semi-precision cuts on PVC and wood.

Agreed! The $1 are beater blades, I got a brand new axe carbide downstairs​ with my sawzalls name on it

Jimbo

sent from tapatalk