Favorite sawzall blade

CATERPILLAR

like wise, Milwaukee or diablo whatever is on sale when I need them however awhile back I got 3 or 4 big packs of diablo kits for 1 cent because of a price error so I'm stocked up pretty good as I don't use them everyday.....1 blade lasts me awhile....

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, AnonymousJoe said:

For short metal blades I've been buying morse blades from the supply house and I really like them. They are thicker so they don't bend and deform like the Milwaukee blades I had.  I'd really like to try diablo tho

I don't know when you last tried the Milwaukee blades, but the current renditions aren't thin at all. I might even say they're one of the thicker brands available.

Morse has a great reputation for cutting tools. They're one of those companies like Chicago Latrobe, they make great shit, they just don't come up in a lot of conversations anymore. 

• Like 1

For short metal blades I've been buying morse blades from the supply house and I really like them. They are thicker so they don't bend and deform like the Milwaukee blades I had.  I'd really like to try diablo tho

I don't know when you last tried the Milwaukee blades, but the current renditions aren't thin at all. I might even say they're one of the thicker brands available.

Morse has a great reputation for cutting tools. They're one of those companies like Chicago Latrobe, they make great shit, they just don't come up in a lot of conversations anymore. 

Menards carries a lot of Morse, I passed on a full sized cobalt hole saw kit I'm still kicking myself for from Morse, good ole American made

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, Conductor562 said:

They have a pretty wide variety of thicknesses.  Not thin at all if you buy the right ones.  I think they just slapped "think kerf" on the old blades when they started making thicker ones.

All I have from morse are some metal cutting carbide blades for a circ saw, but they are excellent.  If I come across their recip blades I'd try some.

If you take the question literally then my only option is Milwaukee blades but because any recip is included with the term "sawzall" I have other options. It just so happens of the blades I have used Milwaukee has been the best. I have yet to do extensive work with my Lenox blades so I can't include them in my options. 

• Like 2

Cutting cast iron pipe or black iron: diablo thick metal carbide 

Wood: Milwaukee ax 

PVC pipe(cold): lenox or Milwaukee fine tooth 

PVC pipe (warm): lenox or Milwaukee wood blades 

These are the blades I stick with usually, not dead set on one specific brand, I'll use what works well

On 12/20/2016 at 0:20 AM, Conductor562 said:

Problem is limited distribution with those brands sadly.

1.) Diablo or Irwin

2.) Morse

3.) Milwaukee

I used to like Milwaukee until I started using Diablo blades. Diablo lasts longer and does't bend like Milwaukee does. I use Morse at work and prefer them a lot more than Milwaukee, and I have some Irwin demolition blades at home that smoke Diablo and Milwaukee for certain things. When I was tearing down palettes recently the Irwin demo blades I have went through them like greased owl shit through a straw, whereas the Diablo and Milwaukee equivalents struggled. At work, the Morse blades work better than the Milwaukee, especially through the metals I cut. The Morse teeth seem to wear a touch sooner than the Milwaukee for some applications, but they last longer in terms of durability...Milwaukee blades like to bend a lot.

For most cutting, whether it's reciprocating, miter, circular saw, etc., I like Diablo overall. They're cheap and it goes without saying that they're easy to find. With my 18v miter saw it's remarkable how much better the Diablo blade is compared to the other brands I've used. Makes the saw run a lot smoother and cuts are a lot easier to make. Once I start using the sliding miter more and feel the time is near to replace the stock blade, a Diablo is definitely going on that saw.

As far as reciprocating saws go, most of the time it's Diablo at home and Morse at work.

1.) Diablo or Irwin

2.) Morse

3.) Milwaukee

I used to like Milwaukee until I started using Diablo blades. Diablo lasts longer and does't bend like Milwaukee does. I use Morse at work and prefer them a lot more than Milwaukee, and I have some Irwin demolition blades at home that smoke Diablo and Milwaukee for certain things. When I was tearing down palettes recently the Irwin demo blades I have went through them like greased owl shit through a straw, whereas the Diablo and Milwaukee equivalents struggled. At work, the Morse blades work better than the Milwaukee, especially through the metals I cut. The Morse teeth seem to wear a touch sooner than the Milwaukee for some applications, but they last longer in terms of durability...Milwaukee blades like to bend a lot.

For most cutting, whether it's reciprocating, miter, circular saw, etc., I like Diablo overall. They're cheap and it goes without saying that they're easy to find. With my 18v miter saw it's remarkable how much better the Diablo blade is compared to the other brands I've used. Makes the saw run a lot smoother and cuts are a lot easier to make. Once I start using the sliding miter more and feel the time is near to replace the stock blade, a Diablo is definitely going on that saw.

As far as reciprocating saws go, most of the time it's Diablo at home and Morse at work.

Hmmm never tried the irwins

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't know where I bought them or how long ago, they're in the organizer that I keep my longer blades in. While cutting the palettes I switched blades a couple of times between the Diablo, DeWalt, and Milwaukee blades I have, trying to find one that would work better than the other, found the Irwins sitting in there. Put one on and it basically blew away the Diablo and Milwaukee blades I was using.

On 12/19/2016 at 4:36 PM, comp56 said:

like wise, Milwaukee or diablo whatever is on sale when I need them however awhile back I got 3 or 4 big packs of diablo kits for 1 cent because of a price error so I'm stocked up pretty good as I don't use them everyday.....1 blade lasts me awhile....

That's a nice score right there. Way to take advantage!

7 hours ago, BMack37 said:

I haven't tried the new Milwaukee carbide but I don't like their regular blades, I like Diablo. Plus three times or more a year you can get the Diablo blades for $1 each, if you get to HD early.

im not a fan of the non-carbide diablos, the new axe is a terror, thing just lasts forever through all sorts of crazy tasks