Best bang for buck sandpaper?

grampage

3 minutes ago, grampage said:

Where do you go for cheap and reliable sand paper? I know online usually has the big discounts. But when your in a pinch and you need it yesterday what is your goto store?

The only sand paper I buy are sanding discs from Diablo. My dad use to be a painter so whenever sandpaper went on sale he stocked up (doesnt paint anywhere near as much now), so I am slowly using up his sheets but they are made by 3M and work great. 

• Like 1

in Canada we have Canadian Tire stores, they have house brand sand paper and sanding disc's that are often sold at 65% off i'm not sure who makes this stuff as there is no maker's marks on it but the stuff is phenomenal. I buy it in multiple packages when on sale as it were it out lasts Norton 3M Diablo the list goes on and on......most if not all are very dark brown in color regardless of grit. 

• Like 1

I'm actually not a fan of Diablo paper, in my use it wears down quickly and dulls, I find myself constantly changing the paper, my #1 is abranet, followed by festool granet but if I'm in a pinch I like the norton paper at menards

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I always have bought it at Sherwin Williams or Autozone. 

Yea you can get the "homeowner" grade stuff there but their awesome line of professional paper and discs is well beyond the stuff on the shelves if you can get your hands in it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...
On 2016-12-23 at 3:10 PM, comp56 said:

in Canada we have Canadian Tire stores, they have house brand sand paper and sanding disc's that are often sold at 65% off i'm not sure who makes this stuff as there is no maker's marks on it but the stuff is phenomenal. I buy it in multiple packages when on sale as it were it out lasts Norton 3M Diablo the list goes on and on......most if not all are very dark brown in color regardless of grit. 

Thank you for this Comp, I'm definitely going to check it out!