Epoxy tp repair knot / cracks in live edge cherry

SetBuilder

I haven't done it but there are some interesting tips on Instagram. I just read one where a professional wood worker uses regular two-part epoxy to fill cracks and knots, it sets as yellow but according to him after sanding and poly coat it turns clear.

If you're on instagram I follow some great woodworkers if you want to go through my follow list: bmack_tia

You won't learn any pro woodworking from my IG haha.

I haven't done it but there are some interesting tips on Instagram. I just read one where a professional wood worker uses regular two-part epoxy to fill cracks and knots, it sets as yellow but according to him after sanding and poly coat it turns clear.

If you're on instagram I follow some great woodworkers if you want to go through my follow list: bmack_tia

You won't learn any pro woodworking from my IG haha.

Hey Bman, check my IG feed... I have a great little giveaway going on right now!
Al

Follow me on Instagram:
"@amanteafinewoodworks"

Yeah, It looks cool but it might get old after a while.  I have a crank base we use as a kitchen island that I want to put a big redwood slab on eventually. Currently I just have a piece of melamine on it.   I also would love to copy the Leaf table I found a pic of.

IMG_3810.JPG

fb060dfe8814a0b6b774a882ea164644.jpg

• Like 1

i use advance repair technology epoxy.  have been for years, interior and exterior, elastomeric,  it dries clear, takes 24 hrs to dry, comes in a double tube for caulk gun, requires special caulk gun, 70.00 for epoxy, another 50.00 for caulk gun, i use it professionally, only thing i found that last

• Like 3

I use West systems epoxy... It's great stuff, and fills gaps easily.
Just put blue painter's tape on the bottom side of the inclusion, mix up the epoxy and pour it in to level. West systems does not shrink, so a level pour is almost perfect. Plus, it dries perfectly clear. Any bubbles can be removed with a quick pass of a propane touch before drying. Don't use a hair dryer, it will push the epoxy around.
Sand smooth after a 24 hour cure time, (don't worry about the hazy finish) and top coat with your project finish. Once you top coat, it will bring back the transparency to the epoxy.
You can buy West systems in small bottle (8oz or 4oz) quantities. I have projects over 20 years old outdoors for their whole life that have not failed or yellowed...

Follow me on Instagram!
@amanteafinewoodworks

21 hours ago, ChrisK said:

I haven't but have been dying to get the glow in the dark kit for epoxy and do a table with some of the knots filled with it. I've seen some great finished projects on some live edge stuff that looks fantastic.

eww i can't stand that look but to each their own man, cool concept just don't like that way it looks when its not glowing

• Like 1