Oddest Fix..

comp56

so I'm motoring around in the shop and most of my shop has concrete for floors, and bam I drop my cell phone.......of course it hits the floor in the corner and cracks the screen. I'm about 2.5 months away from an upgrade and don't want to spend money on putting a new screen on it. got price of $129 . what to do what to do ......the touch screen feature is deemed useless can't do a thing but the cracks are really fine but are still there it is broken. then I think I got nothing to lose, I grab a bottle of crazy glue, I spread it over the area where the cracks are wait about 5 seconds and took a razar blade and scraped off the extra glue so it was smooth. I had phone shut off so I left it off until glue seemed to completely dry.......I turn on phone and bingo cracks are harder to see and touch screen feature is resumed...........may not work for everyone but if it works like this until upgrade time I'll be happy

• Like 11

i break my phone all the time. it doesn't even matter if there is a case on it. if it hits concrete, the screen shatters. i had protection plan on phone but it costs 2x as much than fixing urself. so far, ive fixed 3 of mine. and about 10 for friends and family. 

id rather fix cars than fix these smart phones. :/

33 minutes ago, JimboS1ice said:

Pretty clever, fortunately I've never (knock on wood) have had to deal with that I've been pretty lucky with drops on the phone

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

your right.I' ve had cell phones since before I can remember and never had one brake or got damaged like this drop. I don't think it fell more than 24" but hit just the right way

• Like 1

your right.I' ve had cell phones since before I can remember and never had one brake or got damaged like this drop. I don't think it fell more than 24" but hit just the right way

When androids first came out i had mine a day and dropped it on the corner on concrete to this day I still don't know how it didn't break

Jimbo

sent from tapatalk

• Like 2

6 hours ago, comp56 said:

Yeah it's always odd how they break. My S6 took dozens of 10'+ drops and fell out of my chest pocket going thirty on an ATV onto blacktop. No cracks. Slides off a vise. All of the cracks. All my cheap $30 burners I had in the past would break in my pocket when I leaned on something.

this is the only pic I have of it but may I present the very first iphone in Canada........and it had celebrity ties to it as well.

bought it off of DJ Jazzy Jeff back 2007 

21369_1470311372.jpg

• Like 3

Sweet, same thing happened to my S6, I went out and bought a CAT S60 and am a lot happier with it. It actually is kinda dented already due to a lack of case havery, but no cracks.

You should get another Cat s60 and use the thermal imager to see if it's losing any heat now! [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Yeah it's always odd how they break. My S6 took dozens of 10'+ drops and fell out of my chest pocket going thirty on an ATV onto blacktop. No cracks. Slides off a vise. All of the cracks. All my cheap $30 burners I had in the past would break in my pocket when I leaned on something.

I bet Saul goodman was pissed he had to get you new burners all the time!

• Like 1

When androids first came out i had mine a day and dropped it on the corner on concrete to this day I still don't know how it didn't break

Jimbo

sent from tapatalk

Oddly enough, I dropped my iPhone 4 too many times to count, and it never cracked! I also never replaced it due to major failures. Just finally got slow, and the battery said no mas. But I've been through 3x 5's, and I'm on my 3rd 6! Look at them wrong and they bend!

• Like 1

12 hours ago, comp56 said:

this is the only pic I have of it but may I present the very first iphone in Canada........and it had celebrity ties to it as well.

bought it off of DJ Jazzy Jeff back 2007 

21369_1470311372.jpg

I might be the youngest person to still use an iPhone 4 as their main phone.

22 minutes ago, Jronman said:

I might be the youngest person to still use an iPhone 4 as their main phone.

this was the original iphone before iphone 2 or 3 or 4 or 5  or 6  or 7 .....ect ect

yes it was a 4GB 2G but it is long gone the screen eventually stopped working aright at the half way mark, if you turned it you could still make a call but 3 4 5 was didn't work so unless you used contacts ...lol it was a pain