Any idea what this is??

deobl

pronounplural these 

[th eez] (Show IPA)
(used to indicate a person, thing, idea, state, event, time, remark,etc., as present, near, just mentioned or pointed out, supposed to beunderstood, or by way of emphasis):
This is my coat.
(used to indicate one of two or more persons, things, etc., referring tothe one nearer in place, time, or thought; opposed to that): 
This is Liza and that is Amy.
(used to indicate one of two or more persons, things, etc., implying acontrast or contradistinction; opposed to that): 
I'd take that instead of this.
what is about to follow:
Now hear this! Watch this!
adjectiveplural these 

[th eez] (Show IPA)
(used to indicate a person, place, thing, or degree as present, near,just indicated or mentioned, or as well-known or characteristic):
These people are my friends. This problem has worried me for a longtime.
(used to indicate the nearer in time, place, or thought of two persons,things, etc.; opposed to that). 
(used to imply mere contradistinction; opposed to that). 
(used in place of an indefinite article for emphasis):
I was walking down the street when I heard this explosion.
adverb
(used with adjectives and adverbs of quantity or extent) to the extentor degree indicated:
this far; this softly.
Idioms
with this, following this; hereupon:
With this, he threw down his glass and left the table.

• Like 3

pronoun, plural these     [th eez] (Show IPA) 1. (used to indicate a person, thing, idea, state, event, time, remark,etc., as present, near, just mentioned or pointed out, supposed to beunderstood, or by way of emphasis): This is my coat. 2. (used to indicate one of two or more persons, things, etc., referring tothe one nearer in place, time, or thought; opposed to that):  This is Liza and that is Amy. 3. (used to indicate one of two or more persons, things, etc., implying acontrast or contradistinction; opposed to that):  I'd take that instead of this. 4. what is about to follow: Now hear this! Watch this! adjective, plural these     [th eez] (Show IPA) 5. (used to indicate a person, place, thing, or degree as present, near,just indicated or mentioned, or as well-known or characteristic): These people are my friends. This problem has worried me for a longtime. 6. (used to indicate the nearer in time, place, or thought of two persons,things, etc.; opposed to that).  7. (used to imply mere contradistinction; opposed to that).  8. (used in place of an indefinite article for emphasis): I was walking down the street when I heard this explosion. adverb 9. (used with adjectives and adverbs of quantity or extent) to the extentor degree indicated: this far; this softly. Idioms 10. with this, following this; hereupon: With this, he threw down his glass and left the table.  

Now I know all about THIS lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  • Like 1