Super Old Skills

I have owned damn-near every tool backpack made. My back was getting murdered from leaning to the side all the time.

If you want the cliff notes version, here you go:

Veto Pro PAC - hands down, the best. Build quality and pockets are second to none. The only drawback is that it is also the heaviest. It weighs a ton empty.

Given the extreme high cost of this bag, it's hard to recommend. You won't be disappointed if you don't mind the extra weight and bulk.

Klein - this one is my overall favorite. Good build quality, very lightweight and nice pocket set-up. It's the lightest and most durable for the money. The hard shell pocket is perfect for a small meter or safety glasses. It's the thinnest one out of the bunch and the easiest to wear climbing ladders and caged roof ladders.

The draw back to this one is that the shoulder straps are set a little close together, which can affect how it sits on your back when you are wearing a heavy jacket.

Milwaukee - I returned this one after 3 days. I was excited about it until I loaded it up. It has the worst pocket layout. Despite being pretty big, it has terrible use of space. It's comfortable to carry, by I just couldn't get over how poor the design is and how few tools it actually carries. It also is missing a tape clip.

Dewalt/CLC/Kuny - this lighted backpack is available under three different names. If you can find one on sale for under $75, they are worthwhile for being extremely light with decent pocket layout. The main internal compartment has the best Cordless tool storage, but it's a huge waste if you are only carrying hand tools.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Great info. I have the Milwaukee currently and although its a nicely built unit I agree with your comments. The layout is awful and I end up digging tools out of the bottom. Poor pocket layout for sure.

I never use it as an actual backpack except for one strapping it over a shoulder to carry it inside when my hands are full.

• Like 1

On 3/17/2017 at 8:07 AM, HiltiWpg said:

I have owned damn-near every tool backpack made. My back was getting murdered from leaning to the side all the time.

If you want the cliff notes version, here you go:

Veto Pro PAC - hands down, the best. Build quality and pockets are second to none. The only drawback is that it is also the heaviest. It weighs a ton empty.

Given the extreme high cost of this bag, it's hard to recommend. You won't be disappointed if you don't mind the extra weight and bulk.

Klein - this one is my overall favorite. Good build quality, very lightweight and nice pocket set-up. It's the lightest and most durable for the money. The hard shell pocket is perfect for a small meter or safety glasses. It's the thinnest one out of the bunch and the easiest to wear climbing ladders and caged roof ladders.

The draw back to this one is that the shoulder straps are set a little close together, which can affect how it sits on your back when you are wearing a heavy jacket.

Milwaukee - I returned this one after 3 days. I was excited about it until I loaded it up. It has the worst pocket layout. Despite being pretty big, it has terrible use of space. It's comfortable to carry, by I just couldn't get over how poor the design is and how few tools it actually carries. It also is missing a tape clip.

Dewalt/CLC/Kuny - this lighted backpack is available under three different names. If you can find one on sale for under $75, they are worthwhile for being extremely light with decent pocket layout. The main internal compartment has the best Cordless tool storage, but it's a huge waste if you are only carrying hand tools.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Good info sir!

Yes the Veto is a serious duty pack.

A guy here on HVAC duty had a Klein pack and the zipper failed after a year and a half, maybe they have improved the design, but the Veto is far and above an incredible bag and will last. He has had the Veto bag for a year by now and it is lasting well. 5 year warranty on it too!

20160926_113631

Plus he added a strip of LED lights and powered off a m12 battery lol

• Like 2

LOL, used mine yesterday and it was a mess. Stuff out of pockets and could not find anything.

I need to try out the technology Veto LT.  I dont want all the bulk of big one and just keep a minimal set of tools. Can pull out bags for other jobs.

20170317_145611.jpg

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/17/2017 at 7:36 AM, rrmccabe said:

Great info. I have the Milwaukee currently and although its a nicely built unit I agree with your comments. The layout is awful and I end up digging tools out of the bottom. Poor pocket layout for sure.

I never use it as an actual backpack except for one strapping it over a shoulder to carry it inside when my hands are full.

Can it hold up to the college textbook test? Had a backpack for probably 8 years no problem. Started to rip after I put my 4 hardcover construction textbooks in it. My current one is starting to rip as well. 

Well I doubt you will found a tougher backpack for tools than Veto.

The only downside typically (besides price) is the weight. Veto is known to be heavy. However this particular Veto LT weighs in at the same 7.5# as my Milwaukee. But it does so at 2 1/2 times the price.

• 4 years later...

Hi, firstly let me tell you that I think that is very dangerous to carry tools around if you don't have a special backpack. Since I'm a woman, I am not very familiar with this topic but I am a big backpack lover. It doesn't matter the place I have to go to or what to carry around my first option is always a good quality backpack. When I want to enlarge my collection, I go directly to Backpacks Global. They have a lot of informational articles and I am sure you can find something for your needs.