Spotted! Dewalt DCG405P2 18V Cordless XR Brushless Angle Grinder 125mm

marsh942

This is great! I sometimes wish I had a grinder to use as a cut-off, but the flex volt seems like overkill for the amount of use I would get out of it. Makes more sense to have 20v and 60v options for grinders than it does for circular saws. Any ideas on North American pricing yet?

is the rear handle 60v? @Hugh Jass

Sounds like DeWALT is going to kill it again this year with the announcements at their event. Possible announcements: rear handle saw, new jigsaw or 2, 3 20v grinders, 7 in flexvolt grinder, fan, wheel barrow, and new vacs that may include tool connect. I have a feeling there may be a tough system charger and something to do with tilesaws.

• Like 2

is the rear handle 60v? [mention=50081]Hugh Jass[/mention]

Sounds like DeWALT is going to kill it again this year with the announcements at their event. Possible announcements: rear handle saw, new jigsaw or 2, 3 20v grinders, 7 in flexvolt grinder, fan, wheel barrow, and new vacs that may include tool connect. I have a feeling there may be a tough system charger and something to do with tilesaws.

Man am I excited! I may or may not be going to the media event.

38 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Is it just me or does this look unusually compact? 

Dewalts slowly talking me out of Flexvolt bit by bit outside of 120v offerings. Rear handle blade left coming, chainsaw, now this...me gusta.  

personally I would just buy flexvolt batteries as your current ones die or you need more, then you can run any dewalt tools you want and it won't matter if they are flex or 20v

1 minute ago, Hugh Jass said:

To me it doesn't really matter, I'll own whichever comes first if the reviews on power substantiate the upgrade. My old 20v is getting real tired of being my primary skilsaw. 

60v makes more sense since worm style tend to be power focused.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

Interesting. How would you expect the performance to be, more in line with the outgoing 20v or close to the 60v? 

I didn't get to use it. I don't think it will be near Flexvolt, but I'd expect it to go toe-to-toe with entry level electric grinders (e.g. 900W). That's just crystal balling though...

• Like 1

Agree with the two posts above me. If I am in the yellow line, I would probably just get the flexvolt and be done with it. For the most part, has anyone ever complained about too much power? Also, you're still getting a 6.0 or 9.0 battery with it... which you can run with your 20v lineup. No brainer, in my opinion.