Milwaukee ONE-KEY M18 Impact Driver - oztooltalk review

dwain

Watched this last night, good vid with good info. 

What I don't like about my 887 is the rate of acceleration in speeds two and three, it's way too quick off the mark. This programmable idea from Milwaukee is a definite plus point. I originally thought it was a bit gimmicky, but I think it is definitely worth all the big names jumping on to. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, AnonymousJoe said:

I'd love to get this one key impact just for the reason that all day long my pinky finger constantly hits the button and changes what speed it's in, so I'd get this and set all 4 modes to the same high speed!

haha I like you idea. make your 4 speed impact a 1 speed.

• Like 2

I've been saying that since it came out...people think you're going to have to use the app everyday. It's setting your common functions and then you're done. Impact drivers, impact wrenches and the sawzall are all game changing with the one key app.

• Like 1

Nice, the app is most useful with the inventory for myself. I use the tool control once or twice to get my most common applications dialed in....Then I got the surge and i don't use this impact LOL..

But it's cool because it also tracks and it's in my tool box so the whole box will be tracked...

The tool lock is sweet too, and you don't even need to have the tool in bluetooth mode to lock out the impact.

The most useful one key tool is my sawzall, when i'm going through metal, i want it slower to make the blade last longer and the auto brake is genius...  

• Like 2

Enjoyable video! Certainly not a moron lol great sense of humour though. I can see potential with the connectivity system but it's not quite there for me yet. The cut brake on the Sawzall seems best to me but could be implemented as an "always on" feature on an updated None-Key version too. We'll see what the future holds. One thing's for certain; tools these days sure aren't what grandpa used!

• Like 2

On 2017-6-29 at 7:55 AM, FrosBros82 said:

I have the one key on my 1/4" impact... and to be honest, I have not really used it much yet. I use my three settings, but I have not found an application where I need to create my own settings, opposed to the factory ones.

If I ever get a one key I think I would be the same. People that are a lot smarter than me (and wear hats with propellers on them) set these tools up to get the most out of them.

2 hours ago, dwain said:

yeah the soft-start and auto-stop features of the One-Key Sawzall are really nice...

I think that is an understatement.

I'd like to have an impact driver that had a soft start, I do it with the trigger right now. Soft start, screw starts to bite and I go full Jeremy Clarkson on it...POOOOOOOWWWWWWWWEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRR!

ZxGRkpa.png

12 hours ago, dwain said:

The one-key can !

That was my point! It's very useful besides the sawzall! We all basically do the same thing with the impact...because we've all, at one point, slipped and almost or did smash our fingers...and/or dropped a screw that took us minutes to find.

• Like 1