HF Clones

Cr8ondt

I guess the Chicago Electric and Drillmaster brands are pretty much tainted for life? Its crazy though someone posted an old HF ad where they sold real name brand tools before it became all private label made in China stuff

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DR99 said:

I guess the Chicago Electric and Drillmaster brands are pretty much tainted for life? Its crazy though someone posted an old HF ad where they sold real name brand tools before it became all private label made in China stuff

Lol.I do have a couple Chicago tools like oscillating tool and a old orange belt sander.. The oscillator still works good the sander gets hot so doesn't get much use..I read that also they had actual brands seems crazy when u see what they have now.. My step dad calls it the Chinese tool store lol

On ‎7‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 8:57 PM, Bigmikez said:

Just seen this email today 

IMG_4702.PNG

Notice the "coming soon" cordless tools: impact wrench, recip saw, 6 1/2 circular, grinder, jigsaw, light. These will likely come in below the RYOBI price point. the batteries are reasonable as well. These look more promising for the DIYer, cheap worker market.

• 2 years later...

I was told by a store manager and Walled Lake Michigan that Harbor Freight has bought DeWalt and all of their patents as well as Snap-on tools and all of their patents as well as some other major companies that's why they're new icon series tool boxes cost so much because they're made and Snap-on facilities and they are Snap-on tool box with upgrades that's why the Hercules probably looks a lot like a DeWalt